Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
lucasmadre
where to start...?
July 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Hi ladies, single mom of a 9 yr old autistic boy working full-time with no child support and I have eaten my way through...40 pounds worth of eating!

I am ready now to tackle this weight and get rid of it. Cut out sugar last week and then had a meltdown and ate 3 ice cream sandwiches. I am a binger. Any reformed bingers with some good advice? I just need some support and encouragement. It seems like such a monumental task. 

I am walking an hour most days as I am working as a nanny of a six month old. Thanks so much!!!!!  XO

Replies

• michiganmom116
    July 15, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Welcome to the group!

Cutting out sugar cold turkey is very hard to do.  Maybe try cutting back on sugary foods, and try to substitute fruit for the processed treats.  I'd also recommend cutting out as many processed foods as possible while filling up on whole foods.  It's not easy, but if it's not in the house then you can't eat it.

I have never binged, but I did have an eating disorder as a teen and I have been an emotional eater.  What helped me was keeping a food plan and journal, using something I LOVED to do as exercise, and letting other people know of my eating disorders so that my loved ones could help me when I was stressed.  We're here for you for support!

• momtobenc26
    July 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Not sure if I'm doing this right but hi I'm amanda, mother of three kids, 12,10 and 4 yrs old. I'm on my way to losing 100 lbs, I've done this before so I know that with dedication it can be done. Just looking for a few friends to chat with. I'm in Texas born and raised, married . Well that's enough bout me just glad to be here!!

• ACrystalLilly
    July 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

First - Congratulations on your decision.

Next - I can tell you from experience - cutting sugar out is HARD.  You have to take it day by day when you first start.

My advice set a date - (dh and I chose 12.31.12) and stuck to it.

We gave up Soda, extra snacks, sugar.

We tried giving up bread but that did Not work for us.  We decided to eat a sprouted bread instead of regular bread.

We tried giving up potato, rice and pasta - that didnt work either for us.

Now we eat Dannon Light Yogurt every night for snack, we have salad for dinner with chicken or steak on it with pita bread. as a meal instead of side.

We use smaller plates, smaller portions more veggies than other food and try to only have pasta, potato, rice or bread in limited amounts but that doesnt always happen.

Oh yeah and Lots of water. And some crystal light.

Healthy thoughts and Blessings

• charlotsomtimes
    July 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Make small changes and build on them the as you go,  make small goals and build on those as you go as well.  Don't forget to drink water too.

you can do this

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts