Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Mrs.Torres2566
Trying to go low carb but finding it difficult
July 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I cut out bread, rice, pasta and potatoes altogether but my carb intake today was still 254, yesterday it was 235 and the day before 266. My goal is to keep under 100. My mistake was drinking 2 sodas. I know, I know. I am trying to kick the soda habit, but only drinking 2 a day is honestly a real accomplishment. 

I am really struggling. My meals consist of 

Breakfast: Vanilla chex with almond milk

Lunch: Cottage cheese with fruit, fage yogurt and a cheese stick

Snack: Mixed nuts and dried plums

Dinner: Roasted chicken, broccoli and applesauce (this changes, but is usually a grilled or baked meat, veg and fruit)

Snack: Atkins bar

Replies

• rileysmommy229
    July 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Doesn't seem like you are eating enough calories to me

• Mrs.Torres2566
    July 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My calorie intake is betwee 1600-1800.

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Doesn't seem like you are eating enough calories to me

• mkmommy0406
    July 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    What has helped me the most with quitting sodas is Crystal Light!! I'm not a big water drinker so I get the on the go packs and don't have trouble with craving sodas anymore!
  • lillybug222
    July 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Skip the cereal for breakfast & increase your protein...eggs, lean meat.
  • Mrs.Torres2566
    July 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I hate eggs, they are so gross. And what lean meats are breakfast foods? All I know of is bacon, sausage an ham, WAY too much grease and sodium.

Quoting lillybug222:

• Mrs.Torres2566
    July 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I bought these packets to put into water but I can taste the aspartame and it grosses me out. I forgot about crystal light, my grandma drinks that and its good.

Quoting mkmommy0406:

What has helped me the most with quitting sodas is Crystal Light!! I'm not a big water drinker so I get the on the go packs and don't have trouble with craving sodas anymore!

• norahsmommy
    July 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    You are still eating quite a bit of sugar, not enough fat for low carbing and not enough calories.

You need a food tracker app. My fitness pal is good. You need to look at your total carbs and then subtract the fiber from that total. You need to be eating low sugar fruit like berries and stay away from banana and pineapple. Eat turnips and cauliflower in place of potato and rice and other high starch things. Eat non sweetened yogurt with berries not sweetened. Limit your milk, almond milk or otherwise. There are a lot of sneaky carbs. Watch your coffee creamers too. It's best to use real heavy cream of you want creamy taste but no sweetener. Check out marks daily apple for ideas on how to adjust your diet.
  • norahsmommy
    July 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    If you want to eat low carb you can't also eat low fat. Your body will suffer.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I hate eggs, they are so gross. And what lean meats are breakfast foods? All I know of is bacon, sausage an ham, WAY too much grease and sodium.

Quoting lillybug222:

• Mrs.Torres2566
    July 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Really? I had no idea!!! So what should my diet look like?

Quoting norahsmommy:

If you want to eat low carb you can't also eat low fat. Your body will suffer.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Quoting lillybug222:

• lillybug222
    July 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Any lean meat can be eaten for breakfast. We put meals in a box & assume breakfast, lunch & dinner. Cereal is straight carbs & doesn't keep me full. I'd switch out that meal for protein, veggies & fruit. Bummer that you don't like eggs!

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Quoting lillybug222:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN