Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
kce2013
Weightloss shakes?
by kce2013
July 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Im currently looking into trying a weight loss shake and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good shake?

Replies

• lhiannan
    July 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM

It depends on what you're looking for.  Shakeology is good, and they have a lot of new flavors, but people get turned off by the price tag.  It's loaded with vitamins and protein.  If you want to go the cheaper route, slim fast isn't bad, and I have had it for breakfast even when I wasn't dieting, and they have a high protein one (definitely kind of need a blender for it.  It doesn't mix very well, and you have to let it sit a couple minutes or it's grainy).  I'm pretty much chocolate any-kind-of-health-shake blended with skim milk, ice and a banana :D

ETA:  That said, I wouldn't do more than one shake a day.  Changing your eating habits is obviously more important.  What I HATE about the slim fast 1-2-3 diet is that it encourages a lot of processed food items (their snack and meal bars).  We just started eating paleo here (cut out all grains, dairy, legumes, processed foods), though I still do skim with my shakeology ftm.  I'll be switching to coconut milk or something tomorrow.  An awesome site, even if ou don't plan to go paleo is paleomg.com.  I've loved everything I've cooked from her recipes :D

• kce2013
    by kce2013
    July 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Thanks for the info my husband wanted to try paleo! I tried to do the Body BY VI but wanted something a little cheaper.
  • Mandy575
    July 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    My hubby and I are doing the 24day challenge by advocare and we love them. The best thing is I don't have to starve myself either. I get to still eat food.
  • akmaldo
    by akmaldo
    July 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I would recommend Shakeology. While it is a little pricey it is very good for you. You will get a ton of your daily recommended nutrients from that shake. There are ways to reduce the price if you were interested. 

• musicpisces
    July 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Why a shake?  Why not eat real food, like you would be doing for the rest of your life?  Shakes lead to temporary weight loss.  You have to learn how to eat for the rest of your life if you want the weight to stay off.  Cleaning up your diet is more sustainable in the long run than any shake.

• mommynewc
    July 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    I have my first bag of it and I love it! How can I get it for a reduced price? I would love to het it on auto delivery but $142 is a lot :(

Quoting akmaldo:

I would recommend Shakeology. While it is a little pricey it is very good for you. You will get a ton of your daily recommended nutrients from that shake. There are ways to reduce the price if you were interested. 

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    July 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM

TOTALLY THIS

Quoting musicpisces:

Why a shake?  Why not eat real food, like you would be doing for the rest of your life?  Shakes lead to temporary weight loss.  You have to learn how to eat for the rest of your life if you want the weight to stay off.  Cleaning up your diet is more sustainable in the long run than any shake.

• kce2013
    by kce2013
    July 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    I have a hard time with sticking with weightloss so I figured I can do my shake and learn to eat healthy at the same time then wean myself off shakes once I get a handle on everything. I have seen amazing results with some shakes and just wanted to try it out. Plus shakes are packed with protein which everyone needs, when you start working out and toning dont people use protein shakes anyways?
  • CorpCityGrl
    July 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Like others, I'm a Shakeology fan. 

I am NOT a shake person.  Over a year ago, I got into it because I wanted to get in shape and a friend of mine invited me to a challenge and I agreed.  From then on, I was hooked.  The great thing about the shake is that it is packed with vitamins and nutrients and natural.  It DOESN'T taste like a protein shake!  Also I don't rely on it as my main food source.  I use it as as a supplement to what I already eat.  Truthfully, I had a hard time keeping up with a good meal plan prior and doing the challenge helped me establish a good foundation.  With ANY kind of shake, the results are dependent on YOU and what you do.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  I'd love to help you out!

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    FIL lost 100 lbs in 9 months with shakes. Put it all back on in 4 months. Not a way to lose. He was under doctors care too. It is not a way to lose and maintain.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN