Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
katherinemcp
Summer weight loss/ fitness goals?*** ETA!!!!
June 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Hello ladies! I am new here to this group. I wanted to say hello and am looking for some inspiration for summer weight loss/ fitness goals.

I just had our third baby (he's almost 6 weeks) and am starting to ease back into exercising again, and need to lose about 45 pounds of baby weight. For right now I am focusing on a simple goal of moving every day and toning up, but I'd like a specific goal to work towards! Do you have any summer weight loss or fitness goals? Any inspiration to pass my way? Thanks and I'm excited to be here in this group! wave

Edit: thanks everyone for sharing such great goals!! After reading these replies, I've decided I would break my summer down into mini goals so I can consciously improve my fitness level, and I'll be setting a food goal each week- for example, this past week and for the next couple weeks I'm going to walk 4x a week, and I'm going to aim not to eat the kids' snacky foods. The walking goal has been easy!! Not eating the kid foods, trickier! Lol. Also I will start a weight loss journal here. Keep up the great work and keep sharing your goals, I love hearing them! (:

Replies

• audmom1218
    June 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    My first year after dd was born my goal was to take her and the dog for a walk every non-rainy day. This year my goals are a 4 mile race in 2 weeks, a 5k dirty girl obstacle course in 6 weeks, and each month I'm focusing on a different part of my diet to clean up. May was drinking at least a gallon of water daily, June was eliminating wheat and added sweeteners, July is yet to be determined. I'm feeling great. I had plateaued in November and finally am seeing the scale move down again!
  • N_maricle
    June 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    I'm summer goal is to lose 8 more lbs so I reach my goal weight!
  • katherinemcp
    June 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    I love the idea of a different diet focus each month! What a great way to keep things interesting. Thanks! (:

The mud runs look like so much fun, I've thought about trying one!

Quoting audmom1218:

My first year after dd was born my goal was to take her and the dog for a walk every non-rainy day. This year my goals are a 4 mile race in 2 weeks, a 5k dirty girl obstacle course in 6 weeks, and each month I'm focusing on a different part of my diet to clean up. May was drinking at least a gallon of water daily, June was eliminating wheat and added sweeteners, July is yet to be determined. I'm feeling great. I had plateaued in November and finally am seeing the scale move down again!

• katherinemcp
    June 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    Wow! 8 lbs from goal weight- sounds like you're so close to me! Great work! (:

Quoting N_maricle:

• N_maricle
    June 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    Thanks! I've been working out like crazy! My diet hasn't been so great lately though... I've got to get that in order so I can get of this plateau. Good luck to you in reaching your goals:)

Quoting katherinemcp:

Wow! 8 lbs from goal weight- sounds like you're so close to me! Great work! (:

Quoting N_maricle:

• musicpisces
    June 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Welcome to the group!  I agree that adding in changes over time can be a great way to have goals and to slowly introduce changes, so that you're not trying to change everything overnight.  Remember that 80% of weight loss is about diet- make sure you're eating enough to keep your supply up if you're breastfeeding. 

Good luck!!

• katherinemcp
    June 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    Thanks! I am breastfeeding. I found that with my daughter (she's almost 2), that I'm not one of those people that loses weight while nursing, and I really struggled to lose the weight. So I'm hoping things go better this time around! (:

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group!  I agree that adding in changes over time can be a great way to have goals and to slowly introduce changes, so that you're not trying to change everything overnight.  Remember that 80% of weight loss is about diet- make sure you're eating enough to keep your supply up if you're breastfeeding. 

Good luck!!

• LalasMommy1125
    June 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hi! I'm also new. I have already lost 29 lbs (187-158) but I want to be around 130 and I feel stuck. I would love a motivation partner!

• JanuaryBaby06
    June 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    My 2nd & youngest will be 3 next month so i lost my pregnancy weight awhile ago but it really seems like with the additional child and elevated age..... it gets so much harder to loose the weight. I hd no issues with my 1st (i was18-19 and he weigh jsfell off took me a week t be thinner then i was beforei got preggers) and i just cried when i could not lose it after my 2nd,iwas still yung (23) andcouldnot belive how much harder it had gotten.

my fitness goals are to keep my belly flat while eiminating what i affectionately call my under butt and lift that sucker up alittle bit-lol. i finally love all my measureements (36,26,35) except for my thighs (which are 19"inches around each), it seems like whenever i make progress there, i lose the progress made in my mid-secton.

Also i have a 5k in either sept or oct and i am hopin for 8mintes &30second miles at most..... hopefully more like 8minutes since i was able to pull 9minute miles (w. no training) for my 10mile run earler this year. Goal is pull close to 7's for my 10mile run next year.
  • she-ra2000
    June 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My goal for the summer is to get down in the 170s. I started about a couple months ago at 190 lbs. I would go up/down between 186-190. I have got to get out of the 180s atleast by the beginning of August. I had a tubal done the last of may so I had to take it easy like you w/postpartum. I've started back walking,did 2 laps around he track the other day. I'm trying to get up to 4 days a week, but this past week has been hard b/c we keep getting a lot of rain.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts