Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
iamcafemom83
My woe is me post update:)
May 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Just so frustrated lately. I keep bouncing the same 5 lbs around. I need a breakthrough. I am also frustrated that I can't get the same soreness that I got when I did workouts with my trainer lol!

Maybe I should step up the cardio for awhile? I have been more focused on strength training lately. I do love the way my arms and legs look. My stomach is still my biggest challenge.

Any advice/words/tips for me? Would love to see the 170's on my scale instead of 180-185!:)

Update-Pic in replies!

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I know how you feel. That happens to me about once every 6 weeks. I get stuck. It sounds weird but if it goes on for more than 2 weeks, I take a day or two to relax on my diet and then I hit it harder. Within a week the number starts to drop on the scale. I don't know whether I shock my system or maybe I just needed more calories for whatever reason, but it works!
  • mem82
    by mem82
    May 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    To clarify, this is after I can't get the number to drop with a normal decent diet/calorie intake deficit.

Quoting mem82:

I know how you feel. That happens to me about once every 6 weeks. I get stuck. It sounds weird but if it goes on for more than 2 weeks, I take a day or two to relax on my diet and then I hit it harder. Within a week the number starts to drop on the scale. I don't know whether I shock my system or maybe I just needed more calories for whatever reason, but it works!
  • Noni2319
    May 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

That can be really frustrating. I would shake up your workout routine and see if that helps. also from your comment it sounds like your working within your bmr range. maybe try aiming for calories at the other end of the range?

• tairakittie
    May 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Eat a bit more protein and up the cardio or change your routine up, or just stop for a week, that usually does it for me.

• iamcafemom83
    May 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Same here with the once every few weeks! It just seems to be taking for.ev.er to move on this time. I will try that. I would love for my weight loss to be consistent all the time, but that just seems to be my rhythm. Ugh.

Quoting mem82:

To clarify, this is after I can't get the number to drop with a normal decent diet/calorie intake deficit.

Quoting mem82:

• iamcafemom83
    May 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    I could definitely be eatin more protein. And I will tack on more cardio. I used to run (currently my go to cardio) 3-4 times a week, I've cut it back to 1-2 times a week.

I think I need to incorporate different forms as well.....

Quoting tairakittie:

Eat a bit more protein and up the cardio or change your routine up, or just stop for a week, that usually does it for me.

• kcangel63
    May 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    Try running. My weightloss had been struggling until I started running the C25K (couch to 5K).

This was day 1 pictures (May 8)

http://ourbirthjourneys.blogspot.com/2013/05/c25k-week-1-day-1.html

This was 2 weeks later (May 16)

http://ourbirthjourneys.blogspot.com/2013/05/c25k-week-2-day-2.html
  • tairakittie
    May 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I had been doing videos, mostly Jillian Michaels (30DS and yoga meltdown) and a couple of others, but recently started doing youtube videos instead. Pop pilates, livestrong women, Sean Viges (sp?), stuff like that. I may do legs and arms one day, or abs, or cardio, or total body, pilates, strength, yoga, etc. I've lost about 5lbs in the last month doing this. I also upped my protien and raw fruits and veggies intake, try to eat less grains (except quinoa, mostly cut back on wheat and gluten) and I have upped my healthy fats intake!! Avacado, coconut oil, grass fed butter, not draining the grease from my grass fed beef when I make it. I try not to eat too much dairy, but when I do its usually full fat, organic and grass fed. Hemp is also a great source of protien but currently kind of expensive in all forms you can buy it in. :/

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I could definitely be eatin more protein. And I will tack on more cardio. I used to run (currently my go to cardio) 3-4 times a week, I've cut it back to 1-2 times a week.

I think I need to incorporate different forms as well.....

Quoting tairakittie:

• childofGod995
    May 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

i would also like to see the 170's on my scale instead of the 180's. as for cardio, i try to get in 30 minutes to an hour 3 times a week, and i get 1 hour 3 times a week on strength training. i find the best thing that helps with weight control is writing a food journal. if you need some good tips i can recommend http://www.myplate.gov/ or http://www.sparkpeople.com/or even another one i found this morning;www.personal-nutritionguide.com. i wish you the best of luck. for cardio i do 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill if my ankles do not feel weak that day. today online somewhere i found out the best machines at a gym for women are the lat pull down, leg press and the shoulder press.

• Margrocks
    May 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Hi iamcafemom, I had the same problem .  When I hit "the wall" I too was pretty frustrated.  I would be happy to tell you what I did but I think you will have to message me personally as I am new here and not sure what type of reccommendations I am allowed to make.  I just joined yesterday and got a message from one of the monitors when I tried to help someone else.  I din't realize I had done anything wrong, but I like this group and want to stay compliant.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts