Welcome to day 9 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
A healthy breakfast is the fuel you need to start your day.
After sleeping all night and going without food, your energy reserves are low and need to be replenished.
By eating breakfast, your blood sugar rises and your metabolism is recharged. Do not fall into the trap of saving calories by skipping breakfast.
Eating a healthy breakfast daily provides:
- Provides necessary nutrients to kick start the day
- Regular breakfast promotes healthier body weight.
- Daily breakfast regulates appetite, reduces snack cravings
- Reduces chances of overeating during the day
- Helps stabilize hormones and blood sugar levels
- Reduces fatigue and sleepy feeling mid-morning
- Spurt in energy levels, positive attitude.
- Improves concentration, boosts brain power
- Helps in weight maintenance efforts
- Increases alertness
- Improves overall health and well-being
The three most important things to think about when planning a healthy breakfast are:
- Whole grains: They give you more vitamens, minerals, fiber and antioxidents. Fiber helps you to stay full throughout the morning
- Lean protein: Engergizes and fuels your body. The best way to get lean protein is from eggs and nut butters.
- Fruit: Eat fruit in place of drinking fruit juice. You will be getting fiber and nutrients.
Do you eat breakfast daily?
What does your daily breakfast consist of?
Commit to eating breakfast everyday!
Do you have any healthy breakfast options to share?
by Noni2319May 9, 2013 at 8:01 AMI eat breakfast most days. I'm still working on eating it everyday.
by pinkcsmtlgyMay 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I tend to skip this meal. I need to try to remember it.
by swdesignsMay 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I have breakfast every day, and it's whatever I feel like in the morning - eggs and toast, cereal, smoothies, oatmeal, bagels & cream cheese.
by sexydiva4279May 9, 2013 at 8:10 AMI love breakfast. I usually have a healthy cereal like fiber one or great grains or a low calorie breakfast sandwich.