Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
MamaJessx3
Seriously!?!?!
May 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the WOD tomorrow at my crossfit box!! This is after just doing 109 pull ups yesterday (which my hands are still blistered from). And all those jump ropes!!! Holy cardio!!! I've already been every day so far this week plus ran 5 miles yesterday and 3 today so I was thinking I might either take tomorrow off or just do a short run, but this is kinda like a challenge I don't want to miss! Although my body will be killing me afterwards lol. Wish me luck if I end up going!

Replies

• MamaJessx3
    May 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Mobile Photo

Oh and this is my fingers from yesterday's pull ups
  • Noni2319
    May 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Ouch!

Good luck if you go.
  • Silvertears1275
    May 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I think you Crossfit people are a little crazy and totally badass!  =)  (said by a person who would love to try it one day)

• MamaJessx3
    May 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    Haha you would love it!!! And trust me, sometimes when I look at the WOD's I think we're crazy too! But that's what makes it so fun! The feeling you get when you complete a WOD you didn't think you could do is amazing! And you're constantly improving and striving to lift heavier, or be faster...it's just addicting!! You should try it sometime :)

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I think you Crossfit people are a little crazy and totally badass!  =)  (said by a person who would love to try it one day)

• aprilsalcro
    May 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    I agree. They are some crazy people !! However I would LOVE to just give it a try one day , but I don't think I'm strong enough to do all that know.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

• Silvertears1275
    May 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I told my husband just Monday when we drove past the box down the road that I'd like to try it.  He just sighed.  LOL  It's not really in the budget for us right now and I wouldn't have anyone to watch the kids, but eventually I would love to!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Haha you would love it!!! And trust me, sometimes when I look at the WOD's I think we're crazy too! But that's what makes it so fun! The feeling you get when you complete a WOD you didn't think you could do is amazing! And you're constantly improving and striving to lift heavier, or be faster...it's just addicting!! You should try it sometime :)

Quoting Silvertears1275:

• MamaJessx3
    May 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    Everyone has to start somewhere, and there are modifications for almost every move! That's one thing I've learned at crossfit... To trust my body. My mind thinks all the time "heck no I can't do that!" And then my body proves me wrong!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I agree. They are some crazy people !! However I would LOVE to just give it a try one day , but I don't think I'm strong enough to do all that know.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

• aprilsalcro
    May 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    Do you know if there are any videos on you tube, or I can purchase for beginners ?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Everyone has to start somewhere, and there are modifications for almost every move! That's one thing I've learned at crossfit... To trust my body. My mind thinks all the time "heck no I can't do that!" And then my body proves me wrong!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting Silvertears1275:

• MamaJessx3
    May 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    I'm not sure about videos of full wod's, you can try and search it. But I know there are lots of wod's posted online. Crossfit posts lots of them. The problem is most people don't have the equipment to do a full wod on their own. But if you wanna practice, stuff you can do without equipment is squats, push ups, burpees, mountain climbers, sit ups, lunges, sprints...things like that.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Do you know if there are any videos on you tube, or I can purchase for beginners ?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting Silvertears1275:

• EiuGirl316
    May 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Sounds kinda crazy and fun to me. 😊

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN