Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
mom23heathens
This is what I've done so far and what has happened.... support needed.
May 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I have always been walking on and off but not in a commited way and not with any results. I had a bad pop/chips habit that I am proud to say I have overcome to a point. I have been drinking way much more water and I have never been a water drinker. I have actually started to order water when I have to eat out! So for 3 weeks I have only had 2 cokes and no chips. I started an undiet and an exercise regimen of my own invention 2 weeks ago. By undiet I mean that I don't want to just start eating totally different and then fail because I have all these cravings and feeling of deprivation or workout vigorously and feel entitled to a food reward as I have seen so many others do. I have been doing some sort of cardio daily and never the same dvd twice in a row. I have been doing strength training every other day and walking briskly 5 days a week. Little by little I have been eliminating bad things and adding good things.

This is what has happened. My feet look thinner. My toe bones are more noticeable. I don't fill up the cups of my bra. My neck looks smaller. I have I vertical indent on each side of where a six pack would be if I had one so my stomach is no longer round. My waist band is loose and I noticed my yoga pants actually cover my whole behind and no longer dip as deep in the back as they used to. I haven't weighed myself at all. I didn't think to take a before pic until today so I can't actually compare my progress so far but I guess it will be good to see later. I wish I could say more has happened. Does this sound like progress? skinny toes lol? Does anyone know any good leg exercises since most of my weight is in my legs, I'm not kidding. I have rolls of fat that look like mashed potatoes on my thighs. I'm bottom heavy. My arms are fine. I have always had big legs.

Replies

• Noni2319
    May 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    It sounds like you are making progress. Way to go. I would do lunges and squats.
  • Silvertears1275
    May 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Definitely sounds like great progress!  I celebrate all sorts of things like skinny toes.  I'm excited that my ankles are more prominent.  My dad play-punched me in the shoulder the other day and I realized how much less padding I have there now.  Would I like my belly or my thighs to show more progress?  You bet, but you can't spot reduce... it sucks, but it's just how it works.  Just keep focusing on eating healthy and being more active and it will come in time.  You're doing great!

• charlotsomtimes
    May 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Does it sound like progress?

YES!  and a lot of it in such a short amount of time :)

keep up the good work.  This takes time :)

• musicpisces
    May 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

It definitely sounds like progress!  It's funny the little places we see a loss!  My feet look very different, too.  I have a video I took while tickling my son with my foot, and I was like, OMG, it was a big round blob!

You can't spot-lose the fat, so focusing on leg exercises won't help you.  You need to do strength for your whole body.  You'll keep seeing changes!

• wahmx3
    by wahmx3
    May 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

You are definitely making progress, congrats on sticking with it so far and making little changes that you know you can stick with long term. Definitely take pictures monthly to compare, measure yourself and weigh yourself once a month or so as well. Just keep doing what you are doing and your legs will improve, lunges and squats are helpful but you can't spot reduce as much as most of us would love to.

• mandaboo99
    May 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Definitely great progress!!!! and agreed lunges and squats :)

Quoting Noni2319:

It sounds like you are making progress. Way to go. I would do lunges and squats.

• Fitfamilyof9
    May 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

You are doing great!  Swimming is a great leg work out.  Running - doing something like the couch to 5k program is awesome.  Bicycling is also good for the legs.  So is dancing!  You should get out there and get your groove on.  We have some places here where they teach dancing for free so more people come later in the week.  It's line dancing but how fun!  Keep up the great work!

• chrisnjoesmom
    May 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I think you are doing a great plan. And yes, I seemed to lose a lot of weight in my feet first. I actually went down half a size in shoes.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN