Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
MamaTrollDoll
raw food lifestyle?
April 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I am easing into a raw food vegan lifestyle... mainly to lose weight and for health reasons.

any of you ladies follow this lifestyle?

Replies

• LntLckrsCmQut
    April 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We are about 3/4 raw. I have read that as long as your diet consists of 50% raw foods, you are good to go.

• darbyakeep45
    April 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Nope.

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    April 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM

i'm not vegan but i do eat a lot of raw foods. the only "processed" food i eat is oatmeal but i don't count that as processed because of the huge health benefits.

• aprilsalcro
    April 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    No
  • Moxie70
    by Moxie70
    April 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    I find the concept interesting, but I don't think it is something I could make a regular thing, I doubt I could even make it a week lol
  • mtgcandy
    April 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!
  • LntLckrsCmQut
    April 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    There are non animal sources for protein. Beans and nuts, for example.

Quoting mtgcandy:

I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!
  • MamaTrollDoll
    April 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i get my protien from leafy greans, nuts and seeds.

Quoting mtgcandy:

• Perle1
    by Perle1
    April 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    I try to eat lots of raw veggies and fruit, but love to cook so couldn't give it up :)
  • Sweet_Punk
    April 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

by raw do you literally mean you dont cook it ... or do you mean raw as in clean foods... bc I do eat pretty clean but I actually need to cook most of my food. 

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN