Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
imacafemomer
How did you START running?
April 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I am such a cardio wimp! I get winded in like 2 minutes. I feel really stupid running 2 minutes, then stopping to walk. how did you get started?

Replies

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    April 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

that's how you learn how to run - you alternate between running and then fast walking; gradually increasing your pace and then working on speed later. 

use the couch to 5K program on your phone- it's a great app!

• imacafemomer
    April 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM

thanks! I will check that out! I live on a gorgeous bike path. I just feel like the other runners see how much of a wimp I am!

• KelliansMom
    April 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    I did the c25k a few years ago but stop running. I started it up again last week it's a great program :)
  • MamaJessx3
    April 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    I did the couch to 5k program. I did it march 2012 and I've already ran 2 half marathons, and at least 15 other races consisting of 5k's, 10k's and mud runs since then! It really does work if you stick with it!
  • Silvertears1275
    April 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I'm doing couch to 5k right now.  You start off running 60 second intervals and build up from there.  I'm about to start Week 4 and it will have me running 3 minute and 5 minute intervals.  I could barely run 60 seconds when I started....

• momkaribg
    April 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I would like to here everyone's tips. Even the couch to 5k wore me out.
  • Idntreallycare
    April 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Honestly, I got on the treadmill, hit the 5K button, and did what I could

• Idntreallycare
    April 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Most runners aren't that rude. I've only dealt with one rude runner, and it was talking to her, not running with her (she was telling me about how she felt about the same race I had done, it was weird to see such a different perspective)

Quoting imacafemomer:

thanks! I will check that out! I live on a gorgeous bike path. I just feel like the other runners see how much of a wimp I am!

• JerseyAirGurl
    April 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I was captain of my xcountry and winter track team... I honestly learned to run by building stamina... Running hills... Doing sprints etc.

• EiuGirl316
    April 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM

C25K 😊

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts