Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
krystaldawn_21
Odd pain :/
April 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM

OK today me and my SO went to the gym to exercise and we ran/walked for a while and then we went to go do weights and crunches. Well when I started my crunches I had a really weird pain on my c-section area on my lower abdomen. It hurt so bad I had to stop. After I rested we went and changed to go swim and I feel OK now. It still feels weird there but no pain. I had my c-section almost 2 years ago. Why would I have this pain now? I haven't ever had the pain either and nothing has changed. Any ideas or has this happened to anyone? What could have caused this pain?

Replies

• musicpisces
    April 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It's scar tissue, which heals differently than regular tissue.  It may be that the tissue got pulled in a way that's different from what it usually gets.  My c-section scar would pull and burn and get weird for a good couple of years after DS was born.  Even now, I have less sensation in my lower belly, and he'll be 5 in August.  The tissue is just different, and nerves are regrowing and connecting (which is a slow process).

• krystaldawn_21
    April 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Feels like forever to feel any normalcy. lol. My last c-section will be exactly 2 yrs ago on June 8th. My son will be 5 tomorrow! :D

Anyways, yea its still pretty tender down there and I am sore. I just found it strange that I have down sit ups and crunches the exact same way and just yesterday it decides to get pulled. Why would it just now get pulled though?

Quoting musicpisces:

It's scar tissue, which heals differently than regular tissue.  It may be that the tissue got pulled in a way that's different from what it usually gets.  My c-section scar would pull and burn and get weird for a good couple of years after DS was born.  Even now, I have less sensation in my lower belly, and he'll be 5 in August.  The tissue is just different, and nerves are regrowing and connecting (which is a slow process).

• chrisnjoesmom
    April 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Sorry I have no experience but ouch ouch ouch that sounds very unpleasant

• krystaldawn_21
    April 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yes it was and still is painful. In fact now I am having a little lower back pain. Maybe that is just due to me sitting from my job. Ugh I hate all pains. lol.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Sorry I have no experience but ouch ouch ouch that sounds very unpleasant

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN