Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

musicpisces
An update on Kat (Hunnybadgerkins)
April 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Original post here

I wanted to make sure it was okay with her before I updated.  She's kind of staying away from CM to focus on healing right now.

We flew her out here to CA last Thursday.  She's been struggling with her ED since all this happened.  I have been getting her to eat at least SOMETHING each day, but it's definitely minimal.  She's had her ups and downs, and of course Mike is no help (but she's getting the divorce rolling ASAP).

We tried a super short and slow run on Friday morning, but her ribs and hip were hurting too much, so we just walked most of it.  We'd hoped for a trail run Saturday morning, but we did a hike instead (and she took TONS of pics!).  Sunday we headed to the beach and for a drive through the Redwoods (and she looked at me longingly that morning as I left for a run she wasn't "invited" to come on because of her injuries).

Yesterday I came home from class, and things were really hitting her (they had been slowly already, but yesterday was rough).  She asked to go to an inpatient facility, so I spent the afternoon looking up and calling resources throughout CA that would accept state insurance (which literally covers NONE of this stuff in CA... DON'T get me started on our health care system).  Kat also called friends back home and other old friends, and one in AZ found her a facility there that would take her.  Her friend is flying her down there today (Kat's on a shuttle to the airport as I type).

I really hope she's able to get the help she needs there.

She has expressed multiple times how much she appreciates the support this group has given her and continues to give.  I don't know when she'll be able to stop in again, hopefully soon, but she needs to focus on healing for now.

I'm sure you're also wondering about her kids- they're with Mike, who's staying with his parents.  Kat assures me they're safe there.

I'm happy to answer questions if you have them (she's given me pretty much full license to share, I did make sure, as I wasn't planning to get into all this originally).

Replies

• Stefanie83
    April 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Thinking of you Kat!  We are all here sending you good thoughts for your recovery. 

• Idntreallycare
    April 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I'm glad to hear that she's getting the help that she needs, and that you were able to help her start the healing process. I was wondering how she was but I was afraid that she would be getting blasted with e-mails and would update when she could. 

When you hear from her, can you tell her that Mary wishes her well? Thank you

• EiuGirl316
    April 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for updating, I was wondering how she was. 

• roxysmommy
    April 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I'm so glad that she had such a caring person to turn to and help get her started on path to recovory. I'm glad that she's in tune with herself enough to realize she needed additional support that she wouldn't be able to receive "at home". 

Get well soon, Kat!  You're so strong!

• Silvertears1275
    April 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

It's really great that you were able to help her out =)  It sucks what she has been through and what she still has to deal with ahead, so I'm glad she's getting help.  I'm glad her kids are safe, but I do wish they were with people more supportive of HER.  Best wishes for her in the days to come!

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    April 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

First, I'm so happy she's working through this right now and letting this process slowly... Let her know I love all the pics she's posted... They're beautiful.  I just want to wish her well through this recovery and strength...  Stay strong Kat <3

Second... What a wonderful person you are... I don't know if you know her personally before CM, but no matter what you are one of a kind and truly an amazing person for helping her out!  and your family too! Thanks for keeping us posted... sometimes I feel like I'm putting a puzzle together by her pics, lol! You guys rock!

Sorry if I'm all over the place...

• KCisPaulsMom
    April 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thanks, Suzanne. I've been thinking about her a lot. Everything that has happened to her is a lot for anyone to have to deal with. She is incredibly lucky to have a friend like you. It sounds like there are not too many people in her life that she can really depend on.

I'm glad that you mentioned her children. I was wondering about them and glad they are safe.

Keep us posted and let her know that we are all pulling for her and wishing her well.

• musicpisces
    April 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I let her know.  I got a quick text from her, so I assume she's arrived in AZ (it was just a little bit ago).  Feel free to send her a message/e-mail, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!  =)

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I'm glad to hear that she's getting the help that she needs, and that you were able to help her start the healing process. I was wondering how she was but I was afraid that she would be getting blasted with e-mails and would update when she could. 

When you hear from her, can you tell her that Mary wishes her well? Thank you

• musicpisces
    April 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Quoting roxysmommy:

I'm so glad that she had such a caring person to turn to and help get her started on path to recovory. I'm glad that she's in tune with herself enough to realize she needed additional support that she wouldn't be able to receive "at home". 

Get well soon, Kat!  You're so strong!

YES, this was a big moment, and she recognized that.  I am VERY proud of her for reaching out when she needed help (both right after her situation happened and yesterday).  Hopefully this all just means better and brighter things for her!!

• musicpisces
    April 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Quoting crabbyD:

First, I'm so happy she's working through this right now and letting this process slowly... Let her know I love all the pics she's posted... They're beautiful.  I just want to wish her well through this recovery and strength...  Stay strong Kat <3

Second... What a wonderful person you are... I don't know if you know her personally before CM, but no matter what you are one of a kind and truly an amazing person for helping her out!  and your family too! Thanks for keeping us posted... sometimes I feel like I'm putting a puzzle together by her pics, lol! You guys rock!

Sorry if I'm all over the place...

I met Kat through this group, actually!  We've been talking for awhile now, and have been chatting on the phone fairly regularly for a bit before this all happened.  Last Tuesday, my hubby asked me about bringing her here.  He knew how this had affected me and he knew she needed a safe place to be.  I had been thinking it, and really thought he'd never go for it, so it was a HUGE deal for him to say that.  I'm so glad she's out of her home situation (which was even worse than we thought afte we heard more from her).  I really hope her friend in AZ is able to get her back on her feet.  It sounds like she's really supportive, and has gone through a lot of this herself.  Kat really trusts her, so I think she's in good hands.

I know she's been posting like crazy during all of this on Instagram!  Her phone kept dying while she was here because she was taking so many pics!  LOL  She sounds like she really hopes to return.  I know my son is already missing her, and has been asking all day when we'll see her again.  He wants to go where she is now.  =)  It's really sweet, actually.  He wanted to go to "her" room, but was sad she wasn't there.  He had a lot of fun with her!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN