Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Eliots_momma
Incentives
March 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Do you give yourself some kind of incentive when you reach a goal? Such as "If I workout 4-5 times this week, I am going to go out and watch that movie I have been wanting to see on saturday" or "When I lose 20 lbs I can get that new outfit I've been eyeing".

Replies

• Silvertears1275
    March 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I reward myself for every 10 lbs lost.  At 10 lbs I got a little bracelet I wanted, 20 lbs was a shirt I wanted, and now it's time for my 30 lb reward!

• mcginnisc
    March 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Nope...I don't..I get things when I want them or need them. LOL ...

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    March 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    This.

Quoting mcginnisc:

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    March 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Ok maybe not that ^^^... I do have one incentive only... When I start looking the way I'd like my incentive or maybe it's more of a goal, but I'll be ready to go shopping and purchase my first bikini! Lol
  • wahmx3
    by wahmx3
    March 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Yes, I love rewards or incentives....they can be very motivating. When I first started my journey....my reward for losing 10 pounds was a manicure (it was my first one ever), i definitely enjoyed being pampered! Next 5 pounds was a pedicure. My ultimate reward when I lose 40 pounds or fit nicely in a size 8....pay to have someone houseclean my house....top to bottom!!

• charlotsomtimes
    March 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I was trying to come up with one for when I lost 50...but I reached that and didn't really do anything for it

• Hunnybadgerkins
    March 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    Gear :)
  • rockinmomto2
    March 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM

When I get down to my first goal, I get to go home to Hawaii for a vacation by myself, and then again when I get to my ultimate goal. It's the only thing that works for me.

• musicpisces
    March 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Eh, not really.  I've more bought new stuff as I've needed to.  That's pretty good incentive right there!  Plus, what I want changes.  Now it's running or triathlon gear, as opposed to the things I'd have wanted when I first started, like a pedicure (I won't let someone shave off these running calluses now!) or a movie.  I celebrated the 100 lb mark with a bucket-list run.  Definitely NOT what I would have selected when I started!  LOL

• jessiejean
    March 29, 2013 at 8:27 AM

this

Quoting mcginnisc:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN