Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
ALWsMomma
I should know this but...
March 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I have an app that tracks calorie intake and calories burned. It tracks everything like rest time and sleeping and so on. Yesterday I ate 1837 calories and burned 1985. Does that mean I should be eating more?
I don't know how to word my question...
To maintain weight I should eat and burn equal amounts of calories right?

Replies

• Stefanie83
    March 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yup to maintain your weight, you'd want to eat exactly what you burned.  Now that assumes that it is 100% accurate in estimating your burn and you were 100% accurate in measuring your calories.  Likely they are both a little bit off so what I'd do would be to eat an average of what it says I burn, so if everyday is around 2000, then eat 2000 everyday. If after a couple of months, you find that you've gained a couple of lbs, eat around 1900/day, or if you've lost, eat around 2100.

Now, if you're wanting to lose weight, you'd want to be 200-500 under the 1985.

is it a bodymedia, bodybugg, or fitbit?  or something else?  if it's something else, I'd definitely google how accurate it is.  :)

• ALWsMomma
    March 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Thank you. My app is called "Calorie Counter" it is free with the Droid. I have lost 4lbs since last Monday, I started waitressing this week so I imagine that has a lot to do with my weight loss. I could lose 10 lbs but I want to do it slowly, right now I am more concerned with toning my body than actually losing weight.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Yup to maintain your weight, you'd want to eat exactly what you burned.  Now that assumes that it is 100% accurate in estimating your burn and you were 100% accurate in measuring your calories.  Likely they are both a little bit off so what I'd do would be to eat an average of what it says I burn, so if everyday is around 2000, then eat 2000 everyday. If after a couple of months, you find that you've gained a couple of lbs, eat around 1900/day, or if you've lost, eat around 2100.

is it a bodymedia, bodybugg, or fitbit?  or something else?  if it's something else, I'd definitely google how accurate it is.  :)

• ALWsMomma
    March 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Thank you. My app is called "Calorie Counter" it is free with the Droid. I have lost 4lbs since last Monday, I started waitressing this week so I imagine that has a lot to do with my weight loss. I could lose 10 lbs but I want to do it slowly, right now I am more concerned with toning my body than actually losing weight.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts