Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
ALWsMomma
I should know this but...
March 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I have an app that tracks calorie intake and calories burned. It tracks everything like rest time and sleeping and so on. Yesterday I ate 1837 calories and burned 1985. Does that mean I should be eating more?
I don't know how to word my question...
To maintain weight I should eat and burn equal amounts of calories right?

Replies

• Stefanie83
    March 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yup to maintain your weight, you'd want to eat exactly what you burned.  Now that assumes that it is 100% accurate in estimating your burn and you were 100% accurate in measuring your calories.  Likely they are both a little bit off so what I'd do would be to eat an average of what it says I burn, so if everyday is around 2000, then eat 2000 everyday. If after a couple of months, you find that you've gained a couple of lbs, eat around 1900/day, or if you've lost, eat around 2100.

Now, if you're wanting to lose weight, you'd want to be 200-500 under the 1985.

is it a bodymedia, bodybugg, or fitbit?  or something else?  if it's something else, I'd definitely google how accurate it is.  :)

• ALWsMomma
    March 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Thank you. My app is called "Calorie Counter" it is free with the Droid. I have lost 4lbs since last Monday, I started waitressing this week so I imagine that has a lot to do with my weight loss. I could lose 10 lbs but I want to do it slowly, right now I am more concerned with toning my body than actually losing weight.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Yup to maintain your weight, you'd want to eat exactly what you burned.  Now that assumes that it is 100% accurate in estimating your burn and you were 100% accurate in measuring your calories.  Likely they are both a little bit off so what I'd do would be to eat an average of what it says I burn, so if everyday is around 2000, then eat 2000 everyday. If after a couple of months, you find that you've gained a couple of lbs, eat around 1900/day, or if you've lost, eat around 2100.

is it a bodymedia, bodybugg, or fitbit?  or something else?  if it's something else, I'd definitely google how accurate it is.  :)

• ALWsMomma
    March 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Thank you. My app is called "Calorie Counter" it is free with the Droid. I have lost 4lbs since last Monday, I started waitressing this week so I imagine that has a lot to do with my weight loss. I could lose 10 lbs but I want to do it slowly, right now I am more concerned with toning my body than actually losing weight.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN