Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
teracheri
Fitness buddy?
March 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I am 24 years old. I have a 2 1/2 year old son. I'm 5'4" and I am trying to lose about 30-35 lbs. If anyone is interested in haveing a fitness buddy let me know! I need some motivation! :)

Replies

• lizmeek
    by lizmeek
    March 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    I'm 30. I have 3 kids. I'm trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs. I'll be your fitness buddy
  • eema.gray
    March 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    34, 3 kids, husband who is resistant to my paleo/primal diet. Trying to make our daily habits more primal now two but we're hopelessly stuck in a two hours of taped shows every night rut and need to get out of it.

My kids and I work out together most days. They're pretty good buddies but sometimes an adult buddy would be nice too.
  • teracheri
    March 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Ya, it's hard when you are trying to do some of these things on your own! I wish my husband could be my buddy, but he is so busy with school and work. It's nice to have a buddy and have someone to be accountable to.

Quoting eema.gray:

34, 3 kids, husband who is resistant to my paleo/primal diet. Trying to make our daily habits more primal now two but we're hopelessly stuck in a two hours of taped shows every night rut and need to get out of it.

My kids and I work out together most days. They're pretty good buddies but sometimes an adult buddy would be nice too.

• lovebugs_mom906
    March 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I am 34 too, and have a stubborn husband, resistant to change. I would love a buddy to get me going in the right direction. Right now I am just trying to clean up our diet, but he's even resisting that. He loves his swiss rolls and ice cream too much :-(

Quoting eema.gray:

• eema.gray
    March 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    In his defense, he is working on the sugar issue. We found out a few months ago he had some funky stuff going on in his Neurochemistry that affects mood, addictive behaviors, and a bunch of other stuff. He takes an amino acid supplement that's slowly starting to help.

When do you usually workout? I throw small workouts in throughout the day.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I am 34 too, and have a stubborn husband, resistant to change. I would love a buddy to get me going in the right direction. Right now I am just trying to clean up our diet, but he's even resisting that. He loves his swiss rolls and ice cream too much :-(

Quoting eema.gray:

• lovebugs_mom906
    March 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I usually work out in the morning, once my oldest is off to school. If I'm not able to make it to the gym, I will put in a DVD while my youngest naps, and then no matter the day, I usually walk to pick my daughter up from school - 1.5 miles round trip.

My husband really has no desire to change. His view point is that you only live once, you may as well enjoy it. I wish he could see that you enjoy life more when you physically feel better. There are many days I have to force myself to workout, because I just don't feel like it. But 95% of the time, I feel so much better! And then there's food. If I eat crap, I feel like crap. When I eat good foods, I feel good, I have energy... I just wish he could see that too. I'm trying to find ways to sneak changes into our diet, but its proving to be a little difficult.

Quoting eema.gray:

In his defense, he is working on the sugar issue. We found out a few months ago he had some funky stuff going on in his Neurochemistry that affects mood, addictive behaviors, and a bunch of other stuff. He takes an amino acid supplement that's slowly starting to help.

When do you usually workout? I throw small workouts in throughout the day.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Quoting eema.gray:

• ochoa.mama
    March 11, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    I need a buddy too...I have no friends. Help! I've already lost 60 lbs & need 30 more to go. Trying to tighten it up but there's no time
  • lizmeek
    by lizmeek
    March 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    I'll be a buddy

Quoting ochoa.mama:

I need a buddy too...I have no friends. Help! I've already lost 60 lbs & need 30 more to go. Trying to tighten it up but there's no time

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts