Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bauxite-17
6 small meals
February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Has anyone had any luck with this method of dieting?

I thought I'd try it out, and I set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat, and drink a glass of water. So far its working out pretty good.

I did a 20 minute work out this morning and I'm fixing to do another 20 minute work out.

Replies

• Omd12
    by Omd12
    February 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    Bump want to know responses
  • armygirl16
    February 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    The book I'm reading "the new rules of lifting for women" recommends eating like this. The insanity nutrition guide recommends it as well. I try to do this, although with my work schedule I end up eating 2 meals and a snack maybe 2 snacks if I'm lucky. I try to do multiple high protein meals a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch/dinner, snack and then a snack later (I can only do a desperate lunch and dinner on my days off work)
  • itsm3
    by itsm3
    February 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

i eat 5x/day and i don't diet.  i eat clean 24/7.  when  you eat small, healthy meals frequently, you keep your metabolism going at a steady pace and keep your blood glucose level steady (prevents crashing/binging on food).   you are in fact, fueling your body properly and should never be "hungry".

• musicpisces
    February 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I eat 5-6 times a day.  I basically do 400-500 calorie meals, and 100-200 calorie snacks.  So I still have "actual" meals, but I am eating frequently.  I am REALLY happy eating this way!  I can remember DH commenting as I was in the throes of losing how he just didn't get how I was eating constantly yet losing weight.  Hmm...  Maybe there's something to this, dear?  LOL

• sahm111
    by sahm111
    February 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    I eat like this too.

Quoting musicpisces:

I eat 5-6 times a day.  I basically do 400-500 calorie meals, and 100-200 calorie snacks.  So I still have "actual" meals, but I am eating frequently.  I am REALLY happy eating this way!  I can remember DH commenting as I was in the throes of losing how he just didn't get how I was eating constantly yet losing weight.  Hmm...  Maybe there's something to this, dear?  LOL

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health