Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Mommy2BeAmy
Corset Training for Weight Loss!
February 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM

So Im going to try this "Corset Training". I was looking on how to shrink my waist when I lose weight and I saw Corset Training and not only does it make your waist super slim, it compresses your stomach so you eat smaller less frequent meals and snacks because you just feel full quicker and longer. Since having my baby my waist is a whopping 50", so I bought a 46" corset. Im looking forward to begining and updating you all with pics.

Wish me luck! Anyone needs any info feel free to PM.

Replies

• KaylasMama11
    February 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM

really does thisnwork? i want to shrink my waste i have a corset maybe inshould try

• asaffell
    February 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

:( Please be careful with this. 

It can cause major issues - part of why our culture moved away from this. There are healthier ways to whittle your waist.

• GoldenLinds
    February 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    I know a thing or two about corsets... you are going to experience terrible lower back pain once you remove it. Using a corset weekens your core muscles because they not only become dependent on the bones od the corset but also because your bodies natural response to the compression is to push out rather than pull in. You'll be working your core muscles in the wrong direction.
  • AjCeCeMom
    February 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Well, I think that's stupid but I hope you get the desired results.
  • wulfeyes05
    February 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    That sounds incredibly muscle weakening and potentially health risky
  • otoole
    by otoole
    February 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM

ouch

• Mrs.Sparkle
    February 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    If you have stomache flub maybe sit-ups and such would help.
  • mcginnisc
    February 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Oh honey... NO!!!! 

The health risks of this are too numerous to count.. In order to effectively whittle the waist line, you need to eat very cleanly ( no processed foods), drink lots of water, do cardio, strength and core work. 

You have to have a healthy core- it is the most important portion of our bodies as it sustains our organs, back, and abs. If you do this, it is going to permanently damage your entire core and be disastrous. 

As much as it pains me to say this- please don't do this. Children emulate their parents. If you have little girls, do you want to teach them something that is very dangerous is a good idea for health? Personally, I have 2 little girls and I refuse to do anything unhealthy as it will leave an impression on them. My girls see me eat well, drink water and workout. That is what I am striving to teach them- being healthy encompasses diet and exercise- not a fad or dangerous idea. 

• musicpisces
    February 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I would REALLY strongly advise you NOT to do this.

1- Your core (back and abs) will get very weak, and you will have significant pain related to that.

2- You have a very high chance of getting a bowel obstruction, which can be FATAL.  When you start pushing on them that much (part of how the corset makes your waist APPEAR smaller is by moving your organs around), you can easily end up with a twist or compression of your bowel.  I have literally seen people with feces coming out of their mouths from this.  It is a VERY dangerous complication that requires surgery to fix.

3- Moving organs around.  They are where they are for a REASON.  You can also alter their shape, and they're shaped the way they are for a REASON.

4- Blood supply can get cut off.  You need blood to get to and from your lower body, and this can potentially block that off.  That can cause a host of other problems.  You could potentially cut off blood supply to a major organ, which again, causes major problems that can be fatal.

5- THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT.  It will simply move tissues around so your waist appears smaller, but it in NO WAY makes you actually lose weight.  I realize you think that it'll somehow compress your stomach to make it smaller, but the same thing happens in pregnancy, and people still manage to gain weight.  Then what happens when you remove the corset?  Also, pressing on the stomach like that really increases your reflux, which pushes stomach acid into your esophagus, and that can erode your esophagus, which is painful and can lead to esophageal cancer.

6- It will be very difficult to exercise.  It's very hard to breathe in one of these things, and your weakened core will make it hard to exercise when not wearing it.  Plus, when you start making breathing more difficult, you can do damage to your lungs.  Your lungs require occasional deep breathing to function normally (all the more reason exercise is important!).  You'll find yourself coughing a lot.  If your lungs start to shut down, you'll develop what's called atelectasis (which is closing of the air sacs, known as alveoli), which can very quickly lead to pneumonia.  If you choose to wear it at night, you can make this even worse, and develop sleep apnea on top of that.  The coughing will be worse at night as well, making it difficult to sleep, which then increases your cortisol levels and other stress hormones, and you'll find yourself having an even harder time losing weight.

7- You can fracture ribs.  That's extremely painful (done it before), and you can actually puncture a lung from that.

Frankly, it's REALLY not worth it.  I KNOW how it feels to be that big.  I was there.  But you would be SO much better off learning healthy habits and losing weight healthfully.  It really can be done.

• Mommy2BeAmy
    February 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    Thx for this but girdles do the same thing so if this is true how come all the millions of women weqring girdles dont have this problem?

Quoting musicpisces:

I would REALLY strongly advise you NOT to do this.

1- Your core (back and abs) will get very weak, and you will have significant pain related to that.

2- You have a very high chance of getting a bowel obstruction, which can be FATAL.  When you start pushing on them that much (part of how the corset makes your waist APPEAR smaller is by moving your organs around), you can easily end up with a twist or compression of your bowel.  I have literally seen people with feces coming out of their mouths from this.  It is a VERY dangerous complication that requires surgery to fix.

3- Moving organs around.  They are where they are for a REASON.  You can also alter their shape, and they're shaped the way they are for a REASON.

4- Blood supply can get cut off.  You need blood to get to and from your lower body, and this can potentially block that off.  That can cause a host of other problems.  You could potentially cut off blood supply to a major organ, which again, causes major problems that can be fatal.

5- THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT.  It will simply move tissues around so your waist appears smaller, but it in NO WAY makes you actually lose weight.  I realize you think that it'll somehow compress your stomach to make it smaller, but the same thing happens in pregnancy, and people still manage to gain weight.  Then what happens when you remove the corset?  Also, pressing on the stomach like that really increases your reflux, which pushes stomach acid into your esophagus, and that can erode your esophagus, which is painful and can lead to esophageal cancer.

6- It will be very difficult to exercise.  It's very hard to breathe in one of these things, and your weakened core will make it hard to exercise when not wearing it.  Plus, when you start making breathing more difficult, you can do damage to your lungs.  Your lungs require occasional deep breathing to function normally (all the more reason exercise is important!).  You'll find yourself coughing a lot.  If your lungs start to shut down, you'll develop what's called atelectasis (which is closing of the air sacs, known as alveoli), which can very quickly lead to pneumonia.  If you choose to wear it at night, you can make this even worse, and develop sleep apnea on top of that.  The coughing will be worse at night as well, making it difficult to sleep, which then increases your cortisol levels and other stress hormones, and you'll find yourself having an even harder time losing weight.

7- You can fracture ribs.  That's extremely painful (done it before), and you can actually puncture a lung from that.

Frankly, it's REALLY not worth it.  I KNOW how it feels to be that big.  I was there.  But you would be SO much better off learning healthy habits and losing weight healthfully.  It really can be done.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN