Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Aurorasmom
this weekend's hike
February 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

we crossed another one of the book...didnt take many pics because we had to pay pretty good attention to what we were doing, but it was so beautiful.  very wildernessy lol.  this place is called the goodan ranch/sycamore trail

this place was devastated by the san diego wildfires in 2003.  it was amazing to see how nature has rejuvinated itself :)

Replies

• jendawn1
    February 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    Breath taking! Glad you guys had fun!
  • MamaJessx3
    February 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    Once again, sooo jealous!
  • tanya_marieh
    February 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I was going to say this must be here in san diego some where.  It looks like fun and can I ask about where it is because right now I just go to mission trails and cowels mountain.

• Aurorasmom
    February 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    This one is on the east side of Poway. I found a book at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago that has 60 hikes throughout San Diego county, I'm loving it!! So far our faves from the book are iron mountain, mt. Woodson, Torrey pines, lake Poway and this one was a nice change of pace. One day if we can ever go without the kiddo I am dying to try the three sisters waterfall hike!!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I was going to say this must be here in san diego some where.  It looks like fun and can I ask about where it is because right now I just go to mission trails and cowels mountain.

• tanya_marieh
    February 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I love Torrey Pines.  We go to cabrillo every once and a while also.  I have been meaning to go to iron mountain just haven't gotten there yet.  Where is the three sisters waterfall.  I usually hike with the little one on my back and the oldest is pretty good at trekking on her own now.  Here we are at torrey pines.

Quoting Aurorasmom:

This one is on the east side of Poway. I found a book at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago that has 60 hikes throughout San Diego county, I'm loving it!! So far our faves from the book are iron mountain, mt. Woodson, Torrey pines, lake Poway and this one was a nice change of pace. One day if we can ever go without the kiddo I am dying to try the three sisters waterfall hike!!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

• Aurorasmom
    February 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    You have a beautiful fam :)

Torrey Pines is my mini's fave cause she likes playing on the beach mid-hike lol!! I was so proud of her for making it to iron mountain peak a couple weeks ago (6.5 mile roundtrip). The three sisters is out in the San Diego county estates on the Ramona side. I googled the path and it is unfortunately not kid friendly at all it doesn't look like, including having to use a rope to get down two portions of the trail (they are somehow embedded into the side of the mountain and there for the hikers to use).

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I love Torrey Pines.  We go to cabrillo every once and a while also.  I have been meaning to go to iron mountain just haven't gotten there yet.  Where is the three sisters waterfall.  I usually hike with the little one on my back and the oldest is pretty good at trekking on her own now.  Here we are at torrey pines.

Quoting Aurorasmom:

Quoting tanya_marieh:

• DarlaHood
    February 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I have heard that when there are areas that have burned previously, that the wildflowers are amazing in the spring.  Maybe you'll get to do it again and get a colorful treat!

• otoole
    by otoole
    February 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM

its beautiful.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts