Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
sahm111
Any trainers or people who know alot about injuries...
by sahm111
February 9, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I have a pin in my right hip from a slipped growth plate. It wasput in when I was 12. When I was in HS it used to get really sore when I ran a whole lot(i was a competition cheerleader). Then out of HS I joined a gym and ran on the treadmill and it about killed my hip. So my question is what can I do that will not maje my hip constantly sore?
Oh and just as an FYI I did keep at it for a while to see if it would strengthen, but it just got more sore.

Right now, I am mostly walking, doing leslie sansone WAH, and a few ab things. I am losing weight I would just like to change things up!

Replies

• mcginnisc
    February 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Did you have surgery for it? 

Sit ups, pushups, and weights are good alternatives... cardio could be a problem as it is very stressful on the hip bone - especially running. ( I know as I'm a runner) 

Have you consulted a physician or a phhysical therapist? 

• darbyakeep45
    February 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Claire has great advice.  Hugs mama!

• LDavis33
    February 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Try swimming or aquasize (the bouyancy of the water will lessen the impact on your hip and provide resistance).  

• musicpisces
    February 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I would try swimming or biking, but test them to see how they feel.  Like Claire said, try consulting a physical therapist, though.  They can really specifiy what will and won't work, and perhaps strengthening the supporting muscles and stretching them can help alleviate the pain.

• sahm111
    by sahm111
    February 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    Thanks for the advice ladies! The problem with swimming is that I cant really afford a membership anywhere with a pool and its winter.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts