Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
chrisnmandysmom
Went to the gym for the first time...
February 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

...since before November 2011.

Once I became pregnant with Abby I wasn't able to workout due to pregnancy complications and ended up in the hospital on bed rest for 40 days before she was born in July 2012.

Because I had a c-section and pregnancy complications (including severe PPD) I wasn't able to exercise at all for quite a while after she was born.

Since starting Weight Watchers at the beginning of January, I've made it a point to increase my activity and it's getting easier for me. I even sometimes feel like I could run!

Finally I was able to afford a modest gym membership for myself and my family (YMCA) and last night was our first night going as a family! I spent a full hour between the elliptical, free weights (upper body exercises) and stretching. I felt really great :-) 

Replies

• Bauxite-17
    February 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Nice, keep it up.

I had a c-section too and also had a bout with PPD...I know it is. But its good you're getting on the right track...exercise is great. I have found that I am a lot happier when I'm more active.

• Cafe MichelleP
    February 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Awesome. I love that you are going as a family too!!

• darbyakeep45
    February 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM

That is wonderful mama!!!  Great job!

• cherylmoore
    February 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Awesome start
  • musicpisces
    February 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yay!!

• iamcafemom83
    February 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    It's a nice feeling, isn't it!
  • 3mom627
    by 3mom627
    February 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

It's so nice going to the gym with someone. My DD usually goes with me. We do zumba together. I am going to start doing some free weights also. I really, really need upper body strength.

• nlonnon
    by nlonnon
    February 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    Great job!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email