Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Mrs.Ro
control...
by Mrs.Ro
February 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM

How do i start to control myself with food. when something goes wrong instead of walking away .. i eat it. which probably won't help me much.. i am trying to get rid of sweets out my life. i made it 2 days and ended up having a twix yesterday .. now that i had a sweet , i have already had 2 sweets this morning..   I just need to stop.. and i need some ideas on how to help. which doesn't help that i get tense and if i don't watch it i explode on my family.. which isn't good.

help me please!!

Replies

• mjgm1966
    February 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I am a huge sweet eater! I'd eat sweets all day long.  Now, if I want sweets, I eat a Clementine orange, or an apple.  Sweet fruit.  You just have to make up your mind and do it.  I would get so aggravated at myself for giving in.  But, once you get in that routine, it won't be so hard.  Take it one day at a time!!!! You can do it.

• IHeartDraven
    February 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    Im right there with you
    In fact if I give in and even eat fruit it sends my sweet cravings to the next level and I will eat a bag of cookies

I just started today! But the only thing that has worked for me in the past is a full week of no sugar no breads. It's like a reboot for my body

Stay strong. I'm struggling right there w ya
  • Mrs.Ro
    by Mrs.Ro
    February 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

the hardest part is i am an emotional eater.. I love to eat bread. I can do great at work. Nothing this there. But at work . we work in a house. and in laws live up stairs. the bread cupboard is the first thing i see when i walk up stairs. and she makes these sweets sometimes. omg !! i have had 2.

I really only need to go up there to make my lunch ..So maybe i can train my self to work more  and only go up when i need to eat??!!   I will give your 2 comments above me a try!

• charlotsomtimes
    February 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

what about chewing gum...still get teh sweet and not the calories

• Mrs.Ro
    by Mrs.Ro
    February 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

yes it has helped..  what my problem is . is when offers it to me . it is very hard for me to say NO.

• mommiieof1b2g
    February 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    I'm a sweet addict I tacked on an hour a day before I eat sweets for example,

If I at a sweet at 10am yesterday I will wait til 11am until the want of it disappeared.

Now every once in a while if I get a craving I drink some water and wait 15 min while I'm going about what I'm doing if I still want it I limit myself to 3 bites (even if it means I toss 1/2 a candy bar) and move on
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I just had to remove all the sweets from the house. I can't have them in it. I will nom nom nom them til they are gone. LOL

• iamcafemom83
    February 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Change your idea of what sweets are.

Make a glass of chocolate milk--use reduced fat milk/almond, whatever, add 1 tbsp honey and one tbsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder. Blend....you won't believe how good it tastes!
    Have a couple pieces of dark chocolate
    Find a fruit that will hit your sweet tooth the way candy does. For me, that is red delicious apples, strawberries, and super ripe bananas.
    Make your own sweets...cookies made with protein powder...or oats (full of fiber). There are tons of Pinterest recipes. You can get your sweets fix, but have it be good for you, too:)
  • Mrs.Ro
    by Mrs.Ro
    February 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM

i can't have not good food. like bread , chocolate.. all that starts me up.. i just have to go cold turkey on sweets!

• Hunnybadgerkins
    February 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM

When I struggle with eating I just have to picture how bad I feel physically if I do eat it. I take a bath or get on CM or ANYTHING else.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN