Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Thomasmom07
No support!! :(
February 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I normally do my workouts at night because its much easier when my ds is asleep and my dh is at work. My dh has been off since Friday night and doesn't go back till Wednesday night. Well when I try to exercise my dh rolls his eyes and gets irritated when I won't go to bed with him because I want to work out. I can't even cook like I want because he refuses to eat any type of veggies other than corn. I have a hard enough time keeping motivated and it just make it even harder with absolutely no support. I guess I really don't have a question other than has anyone ever been in my situation? How did you deal with it? I'm only a couple weeks into my weight loss journey and already feel like I want to give up.

Replies

• aurorabear
    February 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Sorry girl! That is no fun. It seems hard for those around us to be open minded with a lifestyle change. I think its aweomse that you are doing it. Maybe there is something going on with the reasons why he thinks that. Have you asked him? I have lots of ladies on my "Virtual" workout team who mention this. Find some great support and you will succeed!!! 

• Thomasmom07
    February 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    I do have FB how would I find you on there?

Quoting Kimmer331:

Wow.  I can totally understand your why.  I really wish I could give you words of advice to help you deal with him like that.  I really do have a hard time understanding people and why they routinely will try and hamper any good that you are trying to do for yourself.  I do think part of its a man thing.  He probably thinks its no big deal because its not a big deal to him, and for a lot of men it isn't.

YOU know what the doctor said.  YOU know that you want to be healthy.  YOU know this is the best thing for you.  Now its just convincing him.  Don't give up the fight when you know its for the health of you and your future child.   You have such a support system here-so if you ever need to vent or anything, please feel free to seek me out.  Sometimes, thats what we all need to do....just get it out.  Not sure if you are on FB, but you can find me there too.

• Kimmer331
    February 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

facebook.com/kimlesperance

• Mrs.Ro
    by Mrs.Ro
    February 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

i think we all have the same problem.. i have learned to just do it and if doesn't want to eat the same as you do.. he will make his own.. ( if he is hungry ) he is a big boy!!

And if when he rolls his eyes you walk away smiling! becuase you a strong person.. :)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN