Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
nkak2005
flabby skin.
February 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I've started working out, walking on a treadmill, and eating rift, and I've already lost a few lbs.

My stomach and my thighs are my main concern. What should I be doing for them inorder to get them toned and smaller. They are big and well....jiggly. my stomach has a hang over. Will this ever go away? Even if I lose all the weight I need to?

I'm 5'3 and 178 I'm trying to lose 30 to 40 lbs by Dec.

Help. I'm so lost and so desperate.

Thanks.

Also, eating wise, I stopped all soda, eat smaller portions, try to stop eating junk food. Do I absolutely have to count calories?.

Replies

• nkak2005
    February 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    Thank you and good luck to you too. I am so ready to love my body and feel sexy.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

You're almost like me except I'm 24 and I have an 8 yr old son. I weigh 174. My issue with flabby skin is my stomach though. Congrats on the weight loss so far! I am 5'2. I use my fitness pal to count calories but I think if you eat sensible and eat well you should be okay. Good luck!

Quoting nkak2005:

I've started working out, walking on a treadmill, and eating rift, and I've already lost a few lbs.

My stomach and my thighs are my main concern. What should I be doing for them inorder to get them toned and smaller. They are big and well....jiggly. my stomach has a hang over. Will this ever go away? Even if I lose all the weight I need to?

Thanks.

Also, eating wise, I stopped all soda, eat smaller portions, try to stop eating junk food. Do I absolutely have to count calories?.

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    February 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    1. go here first
    2. then go here and follow instructions
    3. then subtract 500 from #2 and that's what you should be tracking too.

try and hit your target heart rate for max caloric burn and try to sustain that for a period of time.  i would try and burn more cals per workout but the important part is that you keep challenging yourself during every workout.

Quoting nkak2005:

How can I fins out how many calories I should be eating? Also, I am trying to burn at least 200 calories a day when I work out. Should u aim for more?

Quoting itsm3:

eat clean, track your calories, eat within your caloric range for weight loss, and keep exercising; always continue to work harder during your workouts for max caloric burn.

the jiggly will go away.  the tummy area is usually the hardest and takes longest to  lose but be patient.  it took me a good 8months for my tummy to get flat again.

• SexyDiva19
    February 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

So am I. I'm tired of being fat and feeling like a slob and seeing skinny girls and being envious when I know if I work hard enough and long enough I feel good about myself as well

Quoting nkak2005:

Thank you and good luck to you too. I am so ready to love my body and feel sexy.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

You're almost like me except I'm 24 and I have an 8 yr old son. I weigh 174. My issue with flabby skin is my stomach though. Congrats on the weight loss so far! I am 5'2. I use my fitness pal to count calories but I think if you eat sensible and eat well you should be okay. Good luck!

Quoting nkak2005:

Thanks.

• nkak2005
    February 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    Ok. So let's say it says 1607: I subtract 500 from that and that's how many calories a day I should aim for?

Should u aim for burning about 500 a day? I'm going to start adding in weights, sinuous burn a lot when doing weights?

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

try and hit your target heart rate for max caloric burn and try to sustain that for a period of time.  i would try and burn more cals per workout but the important part is that you keep challenging yourself during every workout.

Quoting nkak2005:

How can I fins out how many calories I should be eating? Also, I am trying to burn at least 200 calories a day when I work out. Should u aim for more?

Quoting itsm3:

eat clean, track your calories, eat within your caloric range for weight loss, and keep exercising; always continue to work harder during your workouts for max caloric burn.

the jiggly will go away.  the tummy area is usually the hardest and takes longest to  lose but be patient.  it took me a good 8months for my tummy to get flat again.

• nkak2005
    February 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Ok. So let's say it says 1607: I subtract 500 from that and that's how many calories a day I should aim for?

Should u aim for burning about 500 a day? I'm going to start adding in weights, sinuous burn a lot when doing weights?

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    February 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

i wouldn't subtract 500 from 1607 because that would leave you under 1200 and that's usually too low.

did you follow all links and read everything?  the first number on the first link gives you your BMR.  then you take your BMR and multiply that by the value depending on your activity level (link #2).  then from that number, you subtract about 500cals.  is this what you did?

as for burning the number of cals during workouts, the more intense the better but don't push yourself too hard the few first times.  the avg workout burns around 300-400 cals.  some burn more (interval training) and some burn less (if you ride a stationary bike at a steady pace).  either way, any workout is a good workout.  you need to ease your body into it and over time, your body will get stronger and stronger.  whatever workout you do, always challenge yourself. 

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

• nkak2005
    February 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    Haha, no forgot to multiply. Lol.

I am just using a treadmill right now, and a Tony little guizelle. With a bike, my knew pops in and out. I don't run though, not able to....yet. but u do walk for about a mile ans burn about 200 or so cals.

Just a question, why do you subtract the 500?

Quoting itsm3:

i wouldn't subtract 500 from 1607 because that would leave you under 1200 and that's usually too low.

did you follow all links and read everything?  the first number on the first link gives you your BMR.  then you take your BMR and multiply that by the value depending on your activity level (link #2).  then from that number, you subtract about 500cals.  is this what you did?

as for burning the number of cals during workouts, the more intense the better but don't push yourself too hard the few first times.  the avg workout burns around 300-400 cals.  some burn more (interval training) and some burn less (if you ride a stationary bike at a steady pace).  either way, any workout is a good workout.  you need to ease your body into it and over time, your body will get stronger and stronger.  whatever workout you do, always challenge yourself. 

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

• nkak2005
    February 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    After all the math, I got 1709. Wow, I think I Deff eat over that. Lol. Time to work on that.

Quoting nkak2005:

I am just using a treadmill right now, and a Tony little guizelle. With a bike, my knew pops in and out. I don't run though, not able to....yet. but u do walk for about a mile ans burn about 200 or so cals.

Quoting itsm3:

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    February 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM

it's just a guideline.  for those who are breastfeeding, you wouldn't subtract that much. but many people do very well with a -500 deficit.

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

1. go here first

Quoting nkak2005:

Quoting itsm3:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN