Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

beethann
I need a good chicken recipe for tonight!
January 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    January 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM

How about baking or roasting the chicken with some herbs, garlic, onion, and other veggies?

• DissieDothe
    January 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I made this for dinner Tuesday and it was extremey good. I loved the Japanese noodles!

Chicken Soba Bowl Previous
    Chicken Soba Bowl

Makes: 4 servings
    Prep time: 5 minutes
    Cook time: 12 minutes

Ingredients

3 tablespoons orange juice
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
    2 teaspoons minced lemongrass or lemon zest
    1 teaspoon grated ginger
    Salt
    1 pound chicken tenders
    6 ounces soba noodles
    2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
    4 baby bok choy, quartered
    3 cups broccoli florets
    1/4 cup torn basil leaves (optional)

Directions
    1. In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, serrano pepper, lemongrass or lemon zest, and ginger.
    2. Fill a large skillet 3/4 full with water, add a sprinkle of salt and bring to a simmer. Add chicken tenders and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain chicken and shred directly into bowl with dressing.
    3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add soba and shiitakes; cook 3 minutes. Add bok choy and broccoli; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
    4. Drain noodles and vegetables and add to bowl with chicken and dressing. Toss gently to combine. Garnish with basil if desired.

Nutrition facts per serving: 377 calories, 37g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 6g fat (1g saturated), 6g fiber

• Irishmommy860
    January 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I like to marinate my chicken breasts in lime(or lemon) juice and garlic and EVOO for an hour then slowcook it on the stove. Then I chop up an avocado, a white onion, and some cherry tomatoes...toss that with more lime(or lemon) juice and a littl bit of salt...top your chicken with the mix...sooooo yummy. I serve it on brown rice

• Stefanie83
    January 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • emilyrosenj
    January 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I made this last night and my family loved it:

3 large chicken breasts

1 jar of organic tomato sauce

Teaspoon of minced garlic

1/4 cup of oil (your choice, I used canola because I was out of olive)

3/4 cup of cheese (I used fresh shredded parmesan)

Cut the breasts into small pieces.  Sautee the garlic in the oil for a few minutes, then add the chicken ( I had to do two batches).  Cook chicken until it is done, should be lightly browned.  Put in a roasting pan, then cover with the tomato sauce and bake for about 20 minutes.  When there is 10 min left, add the parmesan cheese and cook until it's melted.  My family loved it.

• mygirls2012
    January 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I take chicken and put it in the crock pot with salsa and you can add black beans or whatever you want to it and cook it for several hours til done serve it with rice or again what ever you want.. it is great my kids love it and always want  more..

• Tree-Tree
    January 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM

chicken piccata with lots of mushrooms

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health