Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Tonya_Lynn84
Thinking maybe I should be doing more, not sure
January 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I do crossfit 3 to 4 times a week and that is it! I a building lower body strength no problem, but my upper body strength sucks! I am not sure if I should be doing anything else besides crossfit, but I am starting to feel like I might need to add to, but not sure what to add!

Today for me I feel was a bad day at crossfit, but I am harder on myself them anyone is! I think my arms were just sore, but I could still just be weak! Blah...

Any thoughts? Should I add? What should I add?

Thanks

Replies

• Tonya_Lynn84
    January 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

• Idntreallycare
    January 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

If your upper body needs help, try some upper body workouts. Push ups or pretty much any weighted arm exercises. Sorry I'm not a ton of help

• Stefanie83
    January 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hmmm I'm sure crossfit does  a lot of upper body work?  maybe up your weights on those days? 

Totally depends on you if 3-4 times per week is enough. If you feel like you want to do something else a couple of days per week, I say go for it!  Maybe take up jogging, walking, yoga? 

I only go to the gym 4 days per week but then I do home workouts 1-2 days per week because I don't feel like 4 is enough for me.  Sometimes the "home workout" is just going for a walk though.

• Hunnybadgerkins
    Kat
    January 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    How long have you been going? Im surprised to hear that. CrossFit has me doing pull ups now! Talk to your coaches.
  • darbyakeep45
    January 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I'm with these ladies...hugs and good luck!

• Tonya_Lynn84
    January 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have been going since a week before Thanksgiving. We do push ups, ring rows, dips, you know things that involve upper body. We did 21-15-9 of hand release push ups and OHS. I tried my weight at 35lbs and I just was so off balance and just didn't feel like I could hold it for the amount of reps. When I was down in the squat I actually dropped the bar and fell on my butt. So my coach dropped my weight to 15lbs for the 21 reps, then 25lbs for the 15 reps and then 35lbs for the 9 reps! It actually made me feel like crap. I was thinking maybe my arms were just tired from death by clean and jerk yesterday, but I don't know! It is hard for me to even get to any of the rx2 weights.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

How long have you been going? Im surprised to hear that. CrossFit has me doing pull ups now! Talk to your coaches.

• Tonya_Lynn84
    January 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I am thinking about maybe some pilates, I have a few dvds.

I tried the last 2 days to go with weights that my coach thought was a good fit for me, but both days I had to drop weight because I struggled with it!

Quoting Stefanie83:

Hmmm I'm sure crossfit does  a lot of upper body work?  maybe up your weights on those days? 

Totally depends on you if 3-4 times per week is enough. If you feel like you want to do something else a couple of days per week, I say go for it!  Maybe take up jogging, walking, yoga? 

I only go to the gym 4 days per week but then I do home workouts 1-2 days per week because I don't feel like 4 is enough for me.  Sometimes the "home workout" is just going for a walk though.

• MamaJessx3
    January 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    Me too! I was also going to say that I'm shocked you aren't getting upper body strength. We do tons of upper body strength at my crossfit gym.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

• MamaJessx3
    January 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    Just start with the lower weights and work your way up. You'll get there! When I started in October I used a 15 lb bar for anything overhead, now I'm using a 45lb bar. You'll get there, just takes time and consistency.

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I have been going since a week before Thanksgiving. We do push ups, ring rows, dips, you know things that involve upper body. We did 21-15-9 of hand release push ups and OHS. I tried my weight at 35lbs and I just was so off balance and just didn't feel like I could hold it for the amount of reps. When I was down in the squat I actually dropped the bar and fell on my butt. So my coach dropped my weight to 15lbs for the 21 reps, then 25lbs for the 15 reps and then 35lbs for the 9 reps! It actually made me feel like crap. I was thinking maybe my arms were just tired from death by clean and jerk yesterday, but I don't know! It is hard for me to even get to any of the rx2 weights.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

• Tonya_Lynn84
    January 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

What kinda things are ydou doing?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Me too! I was also going to say that I'm shocked you aren't getting upper body strength. We do tons of upper body strength at my crossfit gym.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health