Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Looneyfarmmom
Can you eat right?
January 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM

At an all you can eat restaurant? Do you have the will power and do you know how to keep it healthy?

Replies

• Xfitmom
    by Xfitmom
    January 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Yes I do although I wouldn't eat there if I had a choice seeing as I have no idea how meals are prepared nor the other specifics.

• Silvertears1275
    January 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Probably not =)  However, I don't like buffets and it's been years since I've been to an all-you-can-eat joint. 

• reneawesley
    January 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I don't like buffets. 

• Looneyfarmmom
    January 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM

We stick to Golden Coral here. They prepare everything in front of you. I went and stuck to a healthy salad, a spoon full of sweet potatoes, and popcorn shrimp. For desert I managed to keep it at half a cup of vanilla icecream with caramel and two strawberries. 

• darbyakeep45
    January 19, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Me either!

Quoting reneawesley:

I don't like buffets. 

• michiganmom116
    January 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Quoting Xfitmom:

Yes I do although I wouldn't eat there if I had a choice seeing as I have no idea how meals are prepared nor the other specifics.

This, exactly.

Not to mention the fact that my body will rebel if I don't eat right.

• nlonnon
    by nlonnon
    January 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    Ditto, they freak me out.

Quoting reneawesley:

I don't like buffets. 

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    January 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

of course-- grilled meats (chicken, fish etc) + salads with dressing on the side (so you control how much dressing goes on and always stick with vinagrettes), baked sweet potatoes (plain), quinoa... there are so many options! i usually order a grilled fish of some kind (talapia or salmon) with a large salad or if it comes with rice, i sub in the rice with more steamed veggies and eat that.

if you're unsure and dont' want to veer away from healthy eating, eat before you go to the restaurant and then only have a small appy.

• frzmamaof4
    January 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    I've just stayed away from the buffets right now, especially because it's flu season:-/
  • taniamorse85
    January 20, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I've learned to.  When I was younger, I would just pig out at buffets.  I'd come home so full, I could barely move.   It's a wonder I got to 250 lbs., huh?!  LOL  Anyway, I now eat at a buffet the way I eat at home.  One plate of food, which is mostly filled with veggies (whether salad or lightly cooked veggies) and some lean meat.  If I get dessert, which is rare, it's something basic.  If they have frozen yogurt, I'll get it and maybe topped with nuts.  Also, if it's a place like Sizzler that has a buffet and also a menu from which I can order an entree without the buffet, I'll choose the latter.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts