Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
evelynolivesmom
I'm in week 2 and I'm losing my motivation.
January 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Honestly, I am pissed off!

I'm at the end of week 2 and I feel so deflated. I lost my weight loss buddy, we had less then a week of communication and poof! I don't know what happened other then I work full time and can't write daily, but I thought we were getting on the same page. I haven't gotten a response from the last 2 messages I left her. OK, fine, keep going and on my first measurement day I lose almost 4" all around and I very excitedly tell my dh. His response "hmm". Fine he's busy, so I bring it up later, his response was a very monotone "I know, I heard you the first time."  Are you serious? I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs, I finally do and it's working and you don't care. Screw you! Yes, we had a fight, bad night, Sunday and I haven't brought up weight loss since.

I don't have any other support system, I'm 3000 miles away from my family and I don't have any real friends here. Like I said up top I'm feeling deflated, I ate pizza last night and I didn't work out this morning. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself, but whatever. I need to vent

However, I have not had one sip of Diet Coke in a week and a half and that means I have not given up completely yet!

I am really liking this group though and I plan on spending more time in here, there are some great posts- motivational and informative, and some great ladies! Thank you!

Replies

• nlonnon
    by nlonnon
    January 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM

This group is awesome for support!  Try and focus on the small changes and success you have had to keep your motivation up!  Good luck!

• HannahLee87
    January 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that!.... But DON'T give up momma! It's not worth it! You can do it :)

I'm am on a weightloss journey as well, you can always message me! We can also Facebook or text if you want! Giving up is not worth it!
  • Silvertears1275
    January 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

=(  Sorry you're having a hard time.  Just put that frustration and energy into a good workout.  Don't give up because people are jerks.  You deserve this =)

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    January 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM

don't rely on others to motivate you - IT MUST COME FROM WITHIN YOU.

yes it's nice to have compliments from others but to be honest, the only person whom you should look towards for feelings of accoplishments is YOU.  if you rely on others to keep you going, you will not succeed... this must come from YOU!

• charlotsomtimes
    January 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry you lost your work out buddy and you husband didn't give you a great response.  That sucks.

I know for me, I had to get to a place where I just do not care what anyone thinks about my journey to lose weight.  It is about ME.  No one to work out with? fine I'll do it myself,  you don't care that I lost a lb this week?  That's ok, because *I* DO!   I have learned that this is about me FOR me and you can join me or I'll do it without you.   Nothing is stopping me- not having to work out on my own, not hubby eating his choclate cake- not the stupid scale when it tells me I gained back a lb or two.   I have no firends in this state to rely on either and you know what? that's ok!   I have Facebook, and I have this gorup and sparkpeople and my zumba studio I go to and that's all I need

You can DO this, but you have to decide that you aren't going to let any of that stop you either 

Yes it sucks at times, yes it's hard- but it is worth it.

• CorpCityGrl
    January 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Don't give up!  Don't solely rely on others though so don't let them stop you from achieving your weight loss goals.  Focus on your goal and every day you take a step towards that goal is motivation for you to keep at it.

You can always message me or FB me.  I'd love to help keep you motived.

• othermom
    January 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I am sorry you are having a rough time and that he isn't being more supportive. My husband is the same way a lot of times and it does hurt. I hope that you can keep your motivation up and do well. Keep up the good work

• rockinmomto2
    January 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

It's hard to lose weight. It's even harder to do it without any support at home. You might want to join My Fitness Pal. They have a fantastic support system in place, and you could probably find another weight loss buddy who is close to you. 

• jendawn1
    January 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    We are always here for you momma.
    You hubby sounds a lot like mine. Its been over 2 years and he still doesn't support me with my weight loss.I move 8 hours away from all my friends and family too. But I come here.
    I'm proud of you for giving up diet pop. Its SO horrible for you. I have giving up pop for over a year now. I feel so much better and I will never go back to drinking it.
    Add me if you want ! It sounds like we have a lot in common.
  • evelynolivesmom
    January 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Thank you! I do like this group. I am thrilled about some changes I'm seeing, like my sausage fingers have downgraded to vienna, lol!

Quoting nlonnon:

This group is awesome for support!  Try and focus on the small changes and success you have had to keep your motivation up!  Good luck!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts