Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
michiganmom116
Is there any hope?
January 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I'm 47, have had 5 kids and am a grandma.  I'm also type 2 diabetic (diabetes runs in the family so I'm not surprised.)  I've lost 24 pounds in the last 2 years, but I'm still "thick" from below my rib cage to butt cheeks.  My abs are hard...

I want to get my waist measurement down.  Is there any hope or should I just accept it as part of having 5 kids and being overweight for several years?

Replies

• eema.gray
    January 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Maybe try the autoimune paleo protocol for a few months?  It could just be your body type also; not every woman has textbook curves.  :-)

• michiganmom116
    January 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quoting eema.gray:

Maybe try the autoimune paleo protocol for a few months?  It could just be your body type also; not every woman has textbook curves.  :-)

Probably my body type, since the only food on the list that I haven't eliminated is eggs....and some tomatoes.

simple frown

• mommasboyz17
    January 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Dont you dare think that there is no hope you could do excersises to reduce that. Search online for ideas there is alot out there. I do a side crunch and that really helps. Good Luck

• MrsJoe125
    January 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I do what I call "X" exercises.  I stand like an "X" and then bring my left knee up and my right elbow down past it (bending arm and leg).  Then I do the opposite (right knee and left elbow).  It's like a standing cross crunch.  Another thing I do is standing lunge cruches (stand in a lunge position, arms extended overhead; bring back knee up in front of you and bend both arms bringing your elbows in to your waist, then go back to original position).  And windmills, like from calestenics class.

As long as there is breath, there is hope. :-)

• Hunnybadgerkins
    January 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    I love the last sentence!

Quoting MrsJoe125:

I do what I call "X" exercises.  I stand like an "X" and then bring my left knee up and my right elbow down past it (bending arm and leg).  Then I do the opposite (right knee and left elbow).  It's like a standing cross crunch.  Another thing I do is standing lunge cruches (stand in a lunge position, arms extended overhead; bring back knee up in front of you and bend both arms bringing your elbows in to your waist, then go back to original position).  And windmills, like from calestenics class.

As long as there is breath, there is hope. :-)

• Hunnybadgerkins
    January 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    There is hope. Even when I lost all the weight and got back in a zero I had a pooch. I never gave up and we are talking years! It is finally going away.
  • Casey126
    January 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    Doesn't matter how many kids you have. It's all about diet and exercise. So put your walking shoes on a get walking!
  • redcarnelle
    January 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    Pilates is the best exercise ever! A one hour class twice a week for three months and you WILL look different and feel great. : ) good luck!
  • darbyakeep45
    January 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Don't give up mama...keep going!

• Moonset
    by Moonset
    January 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Try the juice lady books for some great ideas on diabetes and losing belly fat fast.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN