Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

trinitysmama33
hungry still after eating
January 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I have tryed a few different times since I had my DD in March 2012.  But after a few days I would give up.  Since New Year's I have decided to try a different way of doing this.  I started out trying to remember to my multi-vitamin/iron everyday and the same time.  After about a week and a hlaf of doing that I thought it was time to start with my eating habits.  I have done the whole "losing weight" stuff since I was in the 7th grade (14 years old) and now I'm 22 years old and I really want to get health, lose the weight, tone, and make the lifestyle change for my DD and my family and myself.  The only problem is I keep feeling hungry like 20-30 mins after I have just got done eating.  I have cut back on how much I eat at one time and started following the serving sizes on the things I eat.  I starting trying to eat every 2-3 hours sometimes 4 hours if I forget or get too busy with my DD because I am a stay at home mom.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try or anything?

Replies

• EmmaZate
    January 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Eat about 5 or 6 peanuts and drink a full glass of cold water. It always worked for me.
  • trinitysmama33
    January 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I never thought of that, that I'll try it:)

• JeremysMom
    Amy
    January 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    What types of food are you eating? Do you eat slow? Could it be that you are thirsty and need water instead?
  • jendawn1
    January 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Try to have mor portien with your meals ans fiber.
    Also sometimes we think we are hungery and its just thrist. Water water water
    Gl
    If ur breastfeeding
    ( count calories ) u donwant to loose your milk
  • MissTacoBell
    January 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    My favorite line from the backyardigans: "are you hungry pablo?" "Maybe just thirsty. Let's go to my house for some milk."

Don't ask.

But you could try drinking water like EmmaZate suggested. I get the same feeling 20-30 minutes after eating. It's not hunger though it feels like it, it's my habit of going back for seconds. You need to be strong and push through it and you will be glad you did.
  • trinitysmama33
    January 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I eat foods like eggs, chicken, any veggies or furits we have, tuna fish, but I do eat a lot of breads and pasta.  I have cut back o  how much I eat of it though.  I drink nothing but water now, munis my morning cup of coffee lol.  I guess my belly just needs to get used to the now way of eating.

Quoting JeremysMom:

What types of food are you eating? Do you eat slow? Could it be that you are thirsty and need water instead?

• ajs16919
    January 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

same thing happens to me. i try to eat ALOT of boiled egg whites so that the protien fills me up. i eat them with my breakfast and snacks. they are very low in calories. have you ever tried myfitnesspal.com? 

• darbyakeep45
    January 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Each time you eat, make sure to have some protein and/or fiber so you stay full.  Good luck!

• mom_3.0
    by mom_3.0
    January 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Eat slow. Also, your stomach takes a few weeks to shrink back down to the right size for appropriate portion-eating. you can do this!

• mom_3.0
    by mom_3.0
    January 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Greek yogurt (0%) really fills me up!!!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health