Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 9: Let's Plank!
January 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Welcome to Day 9 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Let's Plank!
Yesterday we talked about posture and briefly touched on tummy tightening. Today is all about abs and building core strength.

There are numerous ab exercises you can do to tone and build your abs and core strength. Today we are going to focus on planks. Planks are considered one of the best exercises for acheiving these results. Planks work the abs, back and core stabilizer muscles. Plus all you need is a floor and a mat or towel, no equipment or gym membership necessary!

Basic Front Plank

Have you ever done planks? If not, will you?
What exercises do you incorporate in your workouts to strengthen your abs and core?
How often do you work on your core?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

Replies

• hopeym23
    January 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

i hope to work out enoughj to be in enough shape to do planks!  I am just starting the 30 day shred.

• shay0810
    Ive done it.. Its not as easy as it looks! Thats one of the things that dh had to do for conditioning at his new job..
  • EmilyJ604

I have done planks in the past i really should start doing them again.....right now im in a zumba class for my work out

• momkaribg
    January 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    I want to be able to do these but I'm working my way to them
  • Kharmoni

I've tried doing planks before and found it to be harder than push ups lol

I'm currently doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred so I do whatever is on the DVD

• micjones
    Ive done planks, they are hard! I will do them again, and attempt to do abs 2+ times a week
  • johnny4ever

I am not into planks

• vboatner
    January 11, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I do do the plank. I also do a lot of other exercises for my abs, mainly different crunches to work different parts of my abs. I try and do my core at least 3 times a week because I have a flabby belly :/

• jenzachsam
    January 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM

No workout this week until I recover from the dentist.  My dentist pulled two molars yesterday and my spelling maybe off today due to drowsy effect.

• hockytwndhampyr
    January 11, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    I haven't done planks before but would be willing to give them a try.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts