Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 7: 150 Calorie Snacks and Under ~ BONUS DAY!
January 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 7 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Yesterday we talked about healthy snacking. Today, I'm going to provide you with 15 healthy snacking options that are 150 calories or less!

• Hummus with Pita and Peas: 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
  • Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and Berries: 1 packet low sugar oatmeal topped with a handful of berries
  • Spiced Maple Yogurt: 6 ounces plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
  • Granola Bar: 1 Trail Mix granola bar
  • Oranges with Walnuts: 4-ounce Mandarin-orange  cup topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
  • Apples and Cheese: 1 small apple sliced with 1 ounce Brie
  • Strawberries and Cream: 2 cups sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
  • Red Grapes and Almonds: 1 cup Red grapes with 11 almonds
  • Popcorn: 2 cups of low sodium popcorn
  • Cucumber and Cheese: 1 small cucumber sliced with three tablespoons of cream cheese
  • Roasted Chickpeas: 2 ounce serving
  • Turkey Wrap: 2 ounces of thin sliced turkey, 1 thin slice of provolone wrapped in a large romain lettuce leaf
  • Strawberries and Yogurt: Half a cup non-fat Greek yogurt topped with one teaspoon of honey and half a cup of strawberries
  • Dried Fruit:  Half a cup, make sure to choose brands with no preservatives or sugar added

Do you have any healthy snack options to share with us?
Have you or will you try any of the healthy snack options above?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

apple*Official Rules

• The New Year Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 1/3/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/10/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

Replies

• MommyLehr
    January 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    Those options all sound delicious! :-) I love apples and peanut butter and so do my kids.

• annabelle338
    January 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Oh yum! I snack on popcorn some. And I love to eat raw veggies.
  • lillucky8
    January 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Those sound yummy!

How about carrots or celery
  • Meesa
    by Meesa
    Yum!
  • Kharmoni

Thank you so much for the healthy snack suggestions.

I am always at a loss for healthy snacks so I'll just eat fruit or veggies and a smoothie.

I'm definitely going to try all the healthy snacks listed. They all are easy to put together and not expensive to acquire.

• mrzlili07
    January 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

thta all sounds so good :D 

• Tree-Tree
    January 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I love raw veggies. They are my favorite. And kind of nut is always good too. greek yogurt with fresh fruit.

• CutieCrab
    January 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    THIS!!

Quoting MommyLehr:

Those options all sound delicious! :-) I love apples and peanut butter and so do my kids.

• clearlyme
    January 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    My new favorite is yogurt and a graham cracker.
  • MommyLehr
    January 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    My kids usually don't let me get much. So I have to cut up an apple for them. Then go hide somewhere with an apple of my own! Lol

Quoting CutieCrab:

THIS!!

Quoting MommyLehr:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN