Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

lilpsmommie2011
Fast, easy recipes?
January 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Okay ladies I need your help, I go back to school monday and I'm going to be swamped. Just to give you an idea of how much hw/studying I'm going to have, I have 5 classes and 12 books. I'm a single mother to a one year old, and I don't want to get so wrapped up in our busy schedule that meals are just thrown together and scarfed(sp) down. I still want to eat healthy, and enjoy our meals together, but it needs to be meals that are quick and easy to make. Thank you....

P.S. If anyone has a simple recipe for homemade speghetti sauce I'd greatly appreciate it...

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    January 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Do you have a crock pot?

• lilpsmommie2011
    January 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    No, but my dad and sister both do that I can borrow anytime.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Do you have a crock pot?

• BelindaDuvessa
    January 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM

http://www.ringaroundtherosies.net/2012/02/freezer-cooking.html

They are decently cheap.  If you can get your hands on onem I recommend going to this site and putting together some of her crockpot meals.  They feed 4-6 so you'll have plenty of leftovers to take for lunch, as well as being able to eat the next day if your schedule doesn't let you cook that night.

Quoting lilpsmommie2011:

No, but my dad and sister both do that I can borrow anytime.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Do you have a crock pot?

• southernbelletx
    January 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    I use can chicken drained, black beans drained n rInsed, and a can of corn in reduced sodium chicken broth for soup. It's good with a corn tortilla and reduced fat cheese. Use taco seasoning and lean beef for taco soup. Get a George foreman and dinner will be fast and healthy. There's no such thing as a fast home made spaghetti sauce.
  • Mama_Dolly
    January 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I love my crock pot! I make soups, chili, curry and rice, I even made a whole chicken tonight and tomorrow I am making soup with the broth.

meatballs and what everside you want are pretty easy. get some ground turkey, chicken, beef... or any kind of ground meat you like. add some herbs and seasonings. and a binder (I use rolled oats) kneed it. roll them into balls, place them in a cake pan and cook at 375 for 30 mins. 

• lilpsmommie2011
    January 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    I know there isn't a fast speghetti sauce, that's something I could do on a saturday and freeze. I just wasn't a simple basic recipe. One without mushrooms (we're all allergic) and something that I can change up the veggies in depending on who I'm making it for.

Quoting southernbelletx:

I use can chicken drained, black beans drained n rInsed, and a can of corn in reduced sodium chicken broth for soup. It's good with a corn tortilla and reduced fat cheese. Use taco seasoning and lean beef for taco soup. Get a George foreman and dinner will be fast and healthy. There's no such thing as a fast home made spaghetti sauce.
  • MaskedMomma
    January 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

when I was a working single momma I got a crockpot w/ a timer. I would hit the cook on low for 8hrs button,and after 8hrs it automaticly went to warm for another hour or two. it was a life saver. I also did kinda batch cooking on the weekends. I say kinda because really it was just oh I'm making chili so instead of making the 1lb of meat or cutting up this 1 onion I'm going to brown 3lbs of meat and freeze 2 of them and cut 2 onions and freeze 1 of them. it was basicly doing all the time consuming things for future meals. on things like chili I would freeze half of what I actualy made too. I had a side by side fridge/freezer back then and was limited on space. and time. I worked full-time and had 2 under 3.

• darbyakeep45
    January 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Crock pots are great for meals that don't require a lot of work...hugs and good luck!  I also like Rachael Ray recipes...they are 30 minute meals!

• mcginnisc
    January 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM

This was our dinner tonight- it took 45 minutes tops and that was cooking time. 

Chicken, apple, caramelized onion sandwiches and parsnip fries

Peel and slice parsnips, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper- bake at 375 for 40 minutes

Sandwiches- I used ciabatta bread,  mayo, sliced apple, sliced rotisserie chicken breast, swiss cheese- bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

We eat cleanly and most of our meals are fairly easy.. we had a vegetable stew the other day that was unbelievable!

• HersheyKisses99
    January 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    This sounds wonderful! This just became one of this weeks meals! Thanks!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

This was our dinner tonight- it took 45 minutes tops and that was cooking time. 

Chicken, apple, caramelized onion sandwiches and parsnip fries

Peel and slice parsnips, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper- bake at 375 for 40 minutes

Sandwiches- I used ciabatta bread,  mayo, sliced apple, sliced rotisserie chicken breast, swiss cheese- bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

We eat cleanly and most of our meals are fairly easy.. we had a vegetable stew the other day that was unbelievable!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health