Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
HelloSweetie
Paleo/Primal
January 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Anyone else with this lifestyle?

Seriously changed my life for the better drastically. No longer depressed and anxious like I was (it was severe) I feel HAPPY for the first time in years and years. My blood pressure has regulated, my pulse is normal. I feel fantastic AND lost 50 lbs.

Replies

• eema.gray
    January 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Paleo/Primal isn't right for everyone.  The most important thing I've gotten out of it is being aware of how different foods affect my body.  There are a number of things I've stopped eating not so much because the paleo books say not to eat them but because I don't like what happens when I do eat them.  :-)

Quoting nlonnon:

This made my head hurt....but i have heard so many good things about it.  Just not something I could personally do.

• Hunnybadgerkins
    January 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Yes! This me with wheat!

Quoting eema.gray:

Paleo/Primal isn't right for everyone.  The most important thing I've gotten out of it is being aware of how different foods affect my body.  There are a number of things I've stopped eating not so much because the paleo books say not to eat them but because I don't like what happens when I do eat them.  :-)

Quoting nlonnon:

This made my head hurt....but i have heard so many good things about it.  Just not something I could personally do.

• roxysmommy
    January 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I love the hunting convo! My husband and I have been throwing around the idea of buying bows and learning to bow hunt. We just got a chest freezer that we're excited to fill with meat.

• eema.gray
    January 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Don't go all out with your first set of equipment.  :-)  A Hoyt costs a $1000 or more up front but really, despite all the advertising, is not substantially different from a $300 Bear set up.  Also, test yourself to know if you're right or left EYE dominant first.  The first bow I got was a right hand bow but because I'm left eye dominant I had trouble sighting properly.  Switching to a left hand bow, I can shoot accurately much more consistently.

Quoting roxysmommy:

I love the hunting convo! My husband and I have been throwing around the idea of buying bows and learning to bow hunt. We just got a chest freezer that we're excited to fill with meat.

• darbyakeep45
    January 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing...I kind of tried a while back but then decided against it!  

Quoting nlonnon:

• eema.gray
    January 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

If anybody is thinking about hunting next fall, you might enjoy this site

http://traintohunt.com/workouts/

Whether you think you'll be out with a rifle or an archery set up, the workouts are useful and effective and very much in the spirit of using your body in functional, real world ways.

• Silvertears1275
    January 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Have you done it?  They say the first week or so is brutal, but maybe if I significantly reduce my sugar intake prior to starting, I won't kill anyone?  ;)

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Oh yes! A Whole30 will do wonders for you!!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I'm reading "It Starts With Food" right now, which I believe promotes a modified Paleo.  I'm seriously considering it...

• EslingerCrew11
    January 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    I've looked into it... can't quite get myself there
  • roxysmommy
    January 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thanks for the advice! I know for sure my left eye sees a lot better, so that would make is dominant, right? Hubby has been watching this guy on youtube a lot lately that does videos about bows and hunting and now he wants to make his own bow, lol. I'm excited to try, I've wanted to be able to say that I helped bring an animal down that feeds my family. Grrr, lol!!!

Quoting eema.gray:

Don't go all out with your first set of equipment.  :-)  A Hoyt costs a $1000 or more up front but really, despite all the advertising, is not substantially different from a $300 Bear set up.  Also, test yourself to know if you're right or left EYE dominant first.  The first bow I got was a right hand bow but because I'm left eye dominant I had trouble sighting properly.  Switching to a left hand bow, I can shoot accurately much more consistently.

Quoting roxysmommy:

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts