Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
missiem28
exercise help
January 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I'm a stay at home mom. Needing exercise tips I can do at home. I'm not able to make to a gym at this time. I want tips that will make a difference, where i can make progress. I'm plus size so they need to be where i can start slow n work up to harder stuff. Thank you, i really do need ur help..

Replies

• mcginnisc
    January 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM

There are tons of DVDs on the market that are affordable. You can also stream on Netflix, hulu and On Demand if you have access to those. Youtube also has workouts. 

A lot of ladies have started off with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and loved it. Walking is a great starter workout as well and then if you feel up to it, you can do couch to 5k or c25k, which is a training program to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. 

• Stefanie83
    January 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I worked out at home after the kids went to bed for over a year (I recently joined the gym).  I got an exercise bike but eventually I was doing more DVDs.  30 day shred, No more trouble zones, Billy Blanks Tae Bo are some I like. Good luck!

• darbyakeep45
    January 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Yep, these ladies are right...workout videos are wonderful!  Hugs and good luck!

• nlonnon
    by nlonnon
    January 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I would try workout videos.  I started with Leslie Sansone, walk away the pounds.  IT was a great starting point.

• emilyrosenj
    January 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

There are some cheap apps for Android called Daily workouts (cardio, butt, abs, legs, arms).  I started off doing these 10 min workouts and walking around my building at work.  Now I do the DVD's, just finished Body Gospel and started Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 day walking workout.  You can probably borrow DVD's from your local library too.

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

If you have steps, you can do reps of stepping on and off the first step. It sounds dumb, but can be quite the work out.

• Hunnybadgerkins
    January 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    I like les mills for home. Its from beachbody.
  • KLynneH
    by KLynneH
    January 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I agree with this DVD "walk away the pounds" i have this one and I am also extremely out of shape and in the plus size. don't push yourself to hard start off slow and work yourself up. if you can only do 10 minutes of the video do only that. don't push yourself to hard to fast i did and sprained my knee last night. oops.

• eema.gray
    January 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Netflix has many workouts available through their streaming service now.  YouTube has some really great stuff too.  I actually started with a kids yoga DVD on YouTube and added stuff as I felt stronger and more confident.  Now we (3 and 5 year old kids) do pilates, ballet, yoga, crossfit kids, push up/sit up competitions, and weights (kids are learning form with PVC "bars" but no weight until they are a little older).

• desjmom
    by desjmom
    January 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I am doing the Can you 24? DVD. It has 7 different workout that are 24 minutes long. They require no equipment. They are easy workouts but effective. 

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts