Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Cafe MichelleP
Holiday Challenge: Day 7 Low Calorie Treats
December 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Welcome to Day 7 of the Holiday Challenge!

On day 1 of the Holiday Challenge, I asked what your holiday food temptations were. The most common answers were cookies and eggnog.

Below are a couple healthier choice, lower calorie holiday recipes for you to try.

Holiday Spice Cut-Out Cookies

HungryGirls No-Nonsense Nog

Do you have any low fat/low calorie holiday recipes to share?

Do you make low fat/low calorie treats during the holidays?

holding ornamentsOne member who signs up for our Holiday Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Holiday Challenge-WIN a $25 Gift Card and other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

Replies

• myhandsomelove
    December 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    No I don't make low fat treats, I juat limit myself on how much of them I eat. I am gonna try those spiced cookies tho they sound good. :-)
  • romalove
    December 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I always offer frozen berries with Cool Whip as a dessert on holidays as an alternative to the typical high calorie fare.  It's hard to watch your diet when everyone else has something good to eat.  I layer into champagne glasses frozen mixed berries, and alternate with Cool Whip to make low calorie healthy parfait.

• othermom
    December 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I don't really have any

• MJNMADDYSMOMMY
    I don't make low fat treats but I stock up on veggies & fruits so I can make a quick veggie/fruit platter on a whim and I count calories.
  • michiganmom116

Fat's not the enemy...sugar is. Fat actually enhances flavor, so I'm not going to look for recipes to make low-fat treats that use chemical substitutes in place of real food.

I will exercise restraint, instead.

• MJNMADDYSMOMMY
    December 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    Mmmm sounds yummy!

Quoting romalove:

I always offer frozen berries with Cool Whip as a dessert on holidays as an alternative to the typical high calorie fare.  It's hard to watch your diet when everyone else has something good to eat.  I layer into champagne glasses frozen mixed berries, and alternate with Cool Whip to make low calorie healthy parfait.

• michiganmom116
    December 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I like this idea, subbing real whipped cream for the Cool Whip.

Quoting romalove:

• LCG83
    by LCG83
    December 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    I don't have any recipes. I'm not much if a cool. I would definitely love to try the ones shared here though.
  • jendawn1
    December 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    I'm always looking for healthier options for baking :) thanks
  • lillucky8
    December 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Usually i make regular recipes, this is hee first year ive cared anout what im eating. I will just make sure i have other healthy options so i can avoid all the sweets

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health