Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
TippyD
Mini goal..
by TippyD
November 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM

just realized what I want my first mini-goal to be... I think I might get away from weight loss goals and will set fitness goals.. *good idea? bad idea??* 
my first goal is to RUN a lap at the track without slowing down.. I signed up for a color me rad race and it made me sad that it took me a little more than 55 minutes to run:(  soooo my goal is to run a full lap at the track *1/4 mile* by Christmas:)  

Replies

• r_brooks86
    November 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    You can do it momma! :))
  • BelindaDuvessa
    November 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I set weight loss and fitness goals, with the emphasis being on the fitness goals.  Yes, I want to lose the weight, but I will feel better if I'm fit.  The more fit I am, the more I can do to lose the weight....so yeah.

• charlotsomtimes
    November 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

sounds like a great idea :)

• darbyakeep45
    November 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM

GREAT goal mama!  You can do this!

• mcginnisc
    November 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    Fitness goals are awesome! Have you thought about checking put couch to 5k? It is a training program that will teach you to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. You would be running mote than a 1/4 mile by Christmas if you did it. It is a fabulous program for beginners.
  • TippyD
    by TippyD
    November 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I dont like the fast/slow pace of it:/ i havent been a fan of it in the past..

Quoting mcginnisc:

Fitness goals are awesome! Have you thought about checking put couch to 5k? It is a training program that will teach you to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. You would be running mote than a 1/4 mile by Christmas if you did it. It is a fabulous program for beginners.

• musicpisces
    November 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    Fitness goals are great! I use races for mine quite often, or seeing definition in this place or that. Keeps my mind off the scale some, but the scale often goes down by default.
    Have you ever worked on pacing yourself? Running very slowly, but continuing to run? I couldn't run for more than about 30 seconds when I started, but now I can run for an hour or more. Using a walk/run method at first can be very helpful, and then whittling away at the walking periods to ease them out helps. I still walk sometimes, depending on my energy and the run. No biggie. But don't sprint out of the gate, or you'll set yourself up for failure. Learning to pace yourself is very important.
    Good luck!!
  • MamaJessx3
    November 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    I agree with couch to 5k, if u want to run longer it helps! And it teaches you to gradually increase the right way so you don't hurt yourself. Maybe give it another try now that you have specific running goal? It really helps!

Quoting TippyD:

I dont like the fast/slow pace of it:/ i havent been a fan of it in the past..

Quoting mcginnisc:

• EiuGirl316
    November 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM

It's a great goal!! You can do it. :-) 

• Noni2319
    November 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    You can do it!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to