Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Stefanie83
What's your favorite pizza?
November 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM

How do you make your pizza?  Does anyone have a yummy recipe?  Here's the recipe I use for crust

First I mix these 3, then let it sit for about 10 minutes
Warm Water -  0.75 cup
Fleischmann's - Active Dry Yeast - 1.125 tsp
Pure Maple Syrup, 0.33 tablespoon

Then I mix in these 2
Salt , 0.5 teaspoon                                    
Evoo, 1 tbsp                                            

Then I slowly add the flour
King Arthur - 100% Organic All-Purpose Flour, 2/3 cup            
Hodgson Mill - Organic Whole Grain Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup

Then I let it rise for an hour in a bowl covered with a towel. I split it into 3 to make 3 personal pizzas so everyone can have the toppings they like :D 
I make it all sorts of ways, with tomato sauce, with beans, with sour cream as the "base".  with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, corn, sausage, etc.  And I usually shred mozzarella or cheddar to throw on there too.

The one in the pic has homemade refried beans, corn, onions, peppers, cilantro and cheddar

Replies

• EiuGirl316
    November 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I'm generally too lazy to make crusts, but I use the pre-bagged ones from Trader Joes most of the time. I usually love a tomato sauce with mushrooms, tomatoes, black olives, and cheese on mine though. DF is in love with BBQ chicken and stuff. I just can't get behind that one though. :-P

• Stefanie83
    November 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I've always tried to find a good pre-made dough but I haven't found one!  but we don't have TJ's. 

Quoting EiuGirl316:

I'm generally too lazy to make crusts, but I use the pre-bagged ones from Trader Joes most of the time. I usually love a tomato sauce with mushrooms, tomatoes, black olives, and cheese on mine though. DF is in love with BBQ chicken and stuff. I just can't get behind that one though. :-P

• jendawn1
    November 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    I like hummus pizza. Instead of pizza sauce use hummus! Makes it more garlicy lol is that a word :)
  • Stefanie83
    November 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM

yum I've done that too but it's been a while :D  I love hummus and garlic.  And if garlicy isn't a word, it needs to be.  lol

Quoting jendawn1:

I like hummus pizza. Instead of pizza sauce use hummus! Makes it more garlicy lol is that a word :)

• darbyakeep45
    November 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM

That looks great Stefanie!  I usually like veggie pizza but I use Whole wheat tortillas (la tortilla brand) instead of crust as my hubby likes the Pillsbury crust and it's high in calories!

• Stefanie83
    November 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    I like to use tortillas too. Makes it extra crispy!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That looks great Stefanie!  I usually like veggie pizza but I use Whole wheat tortillas (la tortilla brand) instead of crust as my hubby likes the Pillsbury crust and it's high in calories!

• musicpisces
    November 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    The dough recipe I use is on cleaneatingmag.com. It's so good!!
    My favorite toppings are artichoke hearts, pesto, tomatoes, olives, garlic, feta, spinach, broccoli, and then fresh sliced basil on top! SOOOOO good!!
  • Stefanie83
    November 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Ill have to check that one out. Thanks!

Quoting musicpisces:

The dough recipe I use is on cleaneatingmag.com. It's so good!!

My favorite toppings are artichoke hearts, pesto, tomatoes, olives, garlic, feta, spinach, broccoli, and then fresh sliced basil on top! SOOOOO good!!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health