Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
Cassie2115
This is me!
November 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

The pic is me, about 20 min ago. Any advice on what I could do to help lose the last 30-35 lbs? My downside is I'm recovering from a back injury due to a car accident :( I have P90X, Insanity, Jillian Michaels, but I have a hard time keeping up because after a day or two my back hurts really bad. I want to start walking, but it's too cold to take my kids out and it's super dark when dh is home and I'm not working and we can't afford a tredmill at the moment :( I'm stuck. HELP

Replies

• nlonnon
    by nlonnon
    November 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM

If your back is giving you trouble, focus on core exercises.  Do them slow and correctly and that will help strengthen those muscles and help you get through other programs.  You can google to find some.

• Erica_Smerica
    November 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Also look at 2nd hand stores and the local ads for a treadmill. We bought our first one for $60 (used) and it lasted us for 4 years. Well technically it still works, we just felt like it was going to die soon. The one we bought to replace it was even nicer for $25.

• Cassie2115
    November 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    I have been trying to look, just not sure how we'd get it home since we only have 2 small cars. We'd have to try to borrow a truck or something. But I have been looking.
  • darbyakeep45
    November 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I agree with these ladies...focus on core exercises, swimming, or walking.  Hugs and good luck mama!

• Mrs.Burke11
    November 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM

I'm in the same boat. I tried the 30 day shred but it killed my back =( If you find something that works please let me know.

• Cassie2115
    November 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM

bump

• aprilsalcro
    November 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    This.

walk around your house. Go walking during the day

Quoting nlonnon:

If your back is giving you trouble, focus on core exercises.  Do them slow and correctly and that will help strengthen those muscles and help you get through other programs.  You can google to find some.

• frecklesthehen
    November 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

you could try the Leslie Sansone "walk away the pounds" video. its online, youtube or netflix or something (i forget where) you just walk in place.

• Cassie2115
    November 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I just realized that I have these DVD's! I forgot that I had gotten them from my mom a long time ago. Thanks for the reminder!

Quoting frecklesthehen:

you could try the Leslie Sansone "walk away the pounds" video. its online, youtube or netflix or something (i forget where) you just walk in place.

• sham09
    by sham09
    November 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I have back problems and i get on stepper and do hip hop abs but my secret is that I have one of those massagers that i use on my back after exercise. Im not saying that will work for you. We may have diffrent back issues.Also keep an eye on thrift stores i have got a lot of good exercise equipment cheap but works.

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts