One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!
Welcome to Day 25 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!
Do you eat breakfast on a daily basis?
If not, why not?
What does a typical breakfast for yourself consist of?
A healthy breakfast is the energy fuel you need to start your day. After sleeping all night and going without food, your energy reserves are low and need to be replenished.
By eating breakfast, your blood sugar rises and your metabolism is recharged.
The benefits of a healthy breakfast are:
- Provides necessary nutrients to kick start the day
- Regular breakfast promotes healthier body weight.
- Daily breakfast regulates appetite, reduces snack cravings
- Reduces chances of overeating during the day
- Reduces the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Helps stabilize hormones and blood sugar levels
- Reduces fatigue and sleepy feeling mid-morning
- Spurt in energy levels, positive attitude.
- Improves concentration, boosts brain power
- Helps in weight maintenance efforts
- Increases alertness
- Improves overall health and well-being
One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!
- The October Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 9/27/12 at 10:00am (ET) and ends 11/2/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to each receive a CafeMom water bottle.
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/14/12.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by KymberleeAnnOctober 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I try to eat breakfast everyday. My breakfast may consist of just about anything, left overs from the night before, milk and cereal, a piece of fruit, really just about anything.
by eventtalkOctober 25, 2012 at 9:18 AMYes, wouldn't miss it. Usually eat fruit with Greek yoghurt and granola. Sometime breakfast tacos.
October 25, 2012 at 9:19 AMI do eat breakfast everyday, on my days to work it consists of a greek yougurt & a piece of fruit, on my days off its egg whites n toast or one pancake with butter & fruit.
by Mommy4twoOctober 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Something you didn't add is that you need to eat breakfast within one hour of waking up otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and tries to play catch up for the rest of the day... I try my VERY VERY hardest to not skip breakfast for the above reasons and also I try not to eat a very high carb meal for that will make your body "crash" as well...
October 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I eat breakfast every day. Usually cereal, oatmeal or egg white omelets.
by jengo413October 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
no, usually dont have time and not a big fan of breakfast. occasionally i'll make french toast and sausage on one of my days off. or when im a work if someone brings in pastries i'll have one of those.
by skippette14October 25, 2012 at 9:34 AMMost days I try to grab something. Sometimes it's an apple or banana. Sometimes it's a granola bar or muffin. Whatever it easy to grab as we run out the door :)
by sexydiva4279October 25, 2012 at 9:38 AMYes I usually eat whole wheat waffles with reduced fat peanut butter. I also love Thomas's pumpkin bagels with laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese. In the winter when it's really cold in the morning I eat oatmeal.