Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Cafe MichelleP
October Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: How Much Water Do You Drink?
October 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Welcome to Day 5 of the October Weight Loss Challenge.

How much water do you drink a day?

Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap?

How much water will you drink today?

What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

A healthy womans adequate water intake is at least 2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is roughly 1.9 liters. You will need a higher water intake if you are active.

Why water is important:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

Replies

• aidensmomma508
    October 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    8 glasses a day i drink it from the tap i like bottled too
  • jendawn1
    October 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    60 oz or more a day is my goal
  • KelliW29

Not enough.  A couple of glasses a day from the tap.  I'm definitely working on increasing how much I drink.

• EiuGirl316

I generally drink 8 glasses (cups) a day, but I try to shoot for more. We have awesome tap water so I drink that! 

• MiLeenaLee
    October 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    Directly PP I drank a lot of water, but then I started to get exhausted and it slowly turned into a lot of caffeine. I keep saying every day I need to drink more water, guess I will start today!
  • hockytwndhampyr
    October 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    I drink either tap or bottled, just not enough. I also drink alot of tea and pop along with some milk. I might be lucky to get two glasses of water down today.
  • lillucky8
    October 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    I usually drink alot of water but recently have been having alot of iced tea instead (not good, but i need the caffeine), i just started cutting out the iced tea yesterday and i got my eight glasses of water in, i prefer tap water, i usually have two cups of tea in the morning and water and iced tea thruout the day
  • sexydiva4279
    October 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    I drink About 3 sports bottles a day. I drink mostly bottled but I like tap too. I drink iced tea with lunch and dinner And low sugar OJ with breakfast.
  • northstarr666
    October 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Bottled and tap and I don't usually take in enough. I need reminders like these all the time.
  • fnlyhappy65
    October 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I drink about 8 glasses of actual water per day plus crystal light.  I may have one soda a day and then, of course, the 4 cups of coffee LOL.  I drink filtered water, have a filter on the tap.

I love this challenge!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health