Kids' Health

Karlee1192012
18 Months and only walks partially
May 14 at 8:36 PM

My daughter just turned 18 motnhs old. She CAN walk. But she only walks part of the time. And it isnt "all the way" ( not super long distances). Is there anyone else that has had this happen? What else can I do to help her get to walking "all the way"....People always ask why she isn't walking and I am just so tired of having to repeat myself. Any help would be appreciated. And please NO RUDE COMMENTS. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

UPDATE: SHe walks 100% of the time now. She actually refuses to crawl! Thanks everyone for all the help and support!!!

Replies

• Karlee1192012
    May 14 at 10:14 PM

BUMP!

• TigerofMu
    May 15 at 9:54 AM

Mine started walking about then.  Sometimes it's developmental, and sometimes they are just moseying along at their own time.  If you think there is something wrong, talk to your doctor.  If not, just encourage her, play games that get her to walk, and let her progress at her own pace.

• Karlee1192012
    May 15 at 10:21 AM

She can walk. She takes about  10 steps at a time. Then she decides she wants to crawl. People just always ask me why she isnt walking all the way and I always tell them that she will when she is ready.

Quoting TigerofMu:

Mine started walking about then.  Sometimes it's developmental, and sometimes they are just moseying along at their own time.  If you think there is something wrong, talk to your doctor.  If not, just encourage her, play games that get her to walk, and let her progress at her own pace.

• Karlee1192012
    May 15 at 10:22 AM

BUMP!

• TigerofMu
    May 15 at 1:27 PM

Yep.  The only reason that I would be concerned is if you see a physical reason why she is not able to carry her own weight, or if she seems to be unable to put the steps together to continue.  I think she's just enjoying the ground time :).  Besides, babies who crawl make the connections in their brains that are needed to be able to read...maybe she'll be a speed reader! :)

Quoting Karlee1192012:

She can walk. She takes about  10 steps at a time. Then she decides she wants to crawl. People just always ask me why she isnt walking all the way and I always tell them that she will when she is ready.

Quoting TigerofMu:

• Lzabierek
    May 15 at 1:32 PM

My son is the same way (17 months) & I'm not sure if I should be concerned either. I know he CAN walk but to him, it seems like, he would rather crawl just to reach something faster. When he uses his walking toy he practically runs!

• MusherMaggie
    May 15 at 6:01 PM
    Get her a doll carriage, stroller, or toy grocery cart to push around. A visit to a chiropractor who adjusts infants and children may be helpful. If you have more concerns, a visit to a pediatric neurologist or physical therapist might be in order.
  • Karlee1192012
    May 15 at 7:38 PM

I hope. She already loves books :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yep.  The only reason that I would be concerned is if you see a physical reason why she is not able to carry her own weight, or if she seems to be unable to put the steps together to continue.  I think she's just enjoying the ground time :).  Besides, babies who crawl make the connections in their brains that are needed to be able to read...maybe she'll be a speed reader! :)

Quoting Karlee1192012:

Quoting TigerofMu:

• TigerofMu
    May 15 at 7:57 PM

Books make the world go round!

Quoting Karlee1192012:

I hope. She already loves books :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting Karlee1192012:

Quoting TigerofMu:

• Karlee1192012
    July 4 at 3:52 PM

BUMP!

Kids' Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN