Kids' Health

addykarder19
Milk Allergy
May 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My dd got sick on friday afternoon, my ex said she started complaining about a tummy ache after she had milk with her afternoon snack. She later threw up that night but then seemed fine. On saturday, her birthday, she was fine while we went out for a girls we had lunch, she didn't eat much but did have chocolate milk at lunch and then later got sick that afternoon, she had been acting fine except no appetite. My ex had her on sunday for her birthday celebration with him and he said she never got sick, but at supper she had milk and at 430 this morning she threw up and has had diarrehia today. Still no appetite and I haven't given her milk today... do you think that after 6 years she could have developed a milk allergy or sensitivity??? 

Replies

• frndlyfn
    May 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I am leaning more towards a stomach bug and dairy will irritate the crap out of a tummy bug making the person sicker.   I would abstain from milk for a week and then try again.

• addykarder19
    May 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

thats what I am hoping...she normally loves dairy so it would be a tough adjustment for her if she had to switch

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am leaning more towards a stomach bug and dairy will irritate the crap out of a tummy bug making the person sicker.   I would abstain from milk for a week and then try again.

• frndlyfn
    May 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Has she ever had almond milk or rice milk?   My dd went through 2 stomach bugs that would only cause her to vomit if she had dairy, otherwise no symptoms were apparent.  She is 7.  Knock on wood we havent had it this year at all.

Quoting addykarder19:

thats what I am hoping...she normally loves dairy so it would be a tough adjustment for her if she had to switch

Quoting frndlyfn:

• addykarder19
    May 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Not at my house but maybe at her dad's because he has another daughter with milk sensitivities but that daughter also has other health issues.. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Has she ever had almond milk or rice milk?   My dd went through 2 stomach bugs that would only cause her to vomit if she had dairy, otherwise no symptoms were apparent.  She is 7.  Knock on wood we havent had it this year at all.

Quoting addykarder19:

Quoting frndlyfn:

• addykarder19
    May 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM

My son who turns one on friday just woke up because he had threw up all over himself and the crib... and I just started introducing 2 oz of regular milk into his formula starting yesterday.

• TigerofMu
    May 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM

It's possible, but she also just might have a tummy bug.  Give her some time and try a little bit.  If she continues to get sick, thengo ahead and take her in to see.

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    May 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    I agree with tummy bug, or lactose intolerance. Not a milk allergy though.
  • Truluv4ever
    May 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    That's exactly how my daughter was, when we found out she's very lactose intolerant!! She's was a huge milk drinker and cheese water too! She is doing great on Lactaid products and non dairy cheese! She doesn't really like dairy products as much anymore because they made her so sick :-( She is happy that she can drink Lactaid chocolate milk & ice cream. Good luck with your little one!
  • Truluv4ever
    May 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    Just re-read your post, my daughter started having a problem with dairy products after she turned 5~just an fyi
  • addykarder19
    May 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    So far she is handling the little bit of milk I started giving her again so I think it was a tummy bug. Thanks everyone though

Kids' Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts