Kids' Health

AsAlwaysJacKiie
My Daughter & Her Tonsil/ Adenoid Surgery
January 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Good Morning Mommy's 

I had posted a post on here like a month ago due to my daughters tonsil and andenoid surgery

So heres the update!!! 

She was suppose to get this done on Dec 27th but the day of woke up sick and with fever so it was canceled. 

They rescheduled to January 11th. Which was yesterday. 

That had to be the most scariest shit very seeing her be put to sleep I broke down cause it hurt so much to see her like that, but that out come of it all was good and add both taken out tonsils and adenoids. We can home same day from the time we can home till about 1130 pm she was in no pain. 12 mid night came along and she was in a little pain so she said, I gave her some meds and she fell asleep. 

From her andenoid being taken out also she has a runny nose that will not stop running and is annoying the crap out of her, Is that normal have you been through this? 

From the time that we came home once again she has been drinking but wants no part in eating. She is a picky little girl but I have everything from Ice cream, to Icys, water  and all kinds of juices. She is drinking so that is one less thing to worry about. 

This has to be the most depressing phase I had very had to go through cause I hate seeing her like this. I know that she is big and brace and did a amazing job on the hard part which was the surgery its self but this whle healing part I think has to be the worse. 

This morning which is Day 2 she is in no pain so far today but I will take caution. I just want my little girl back to normal any mommy would hate to see their child like this. To many this isn't a big thing but to me it is and I don't think anyone well at least most understand how I feel. 

Anyway before I keep going on ill end it here I just wanted to give some of the mommys that have giving me advice and showed their support a little update THANKS A WHOLE LOT IS MEANS A LOT TO ME AND THANK YOU FOR LISTENING :0) 

Replies

• auntangelofsix
    January 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    My son had his at 7 or 8 years old his adnolds out.
  • Vertical15
    January 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I had my tonsils but not adenoids removed when I was younger though I've never been through both so I guess it could be worse?  I'm not sure about the runny nose.  I'm glad she came through with no complications!

• TerriC
    by TerriC
    January 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    I would have been scared and nervous too. It is a big deal for any parent to go through. I hope she is feeling much better very soon and is back to herself in no time. :-)
  • TigerofMu
    January 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I'm glad her surgery went smoothly and she is home safely.  I hope she recovers well and gets to eating and acting like normal soon!

group hug

• amonkeymom
    January 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Sounds like the surgery went well and you did good too momma.  I passed out after seeing my son in the recovery room when he had his adenoids out (seeing blood, smelling the recovery room smells and a late breakfast were all contributing factors, lol).

• karamille
    January 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I will say day 3/4 was the worst for us, so keep the tylenol and motrin handy.  I don't know if the pain was really worse or he was just feeling really wore down from feeling less than great for 3 days plus not eating well the whole time...  anywho.... he was almost as good as new by day 7.  Good luck!  

• mhmomma
    by mhmomma
    January 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    Awe glad things went well. Speedy recovery and healthy days ahead. Yeah
  • AsAlwaysJacKiie
    January 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    She claims she's having no pain but I noticed at night she's a little whiney but during the day she's fine just really wants to relax all day she's has lots of gifts coming her way today I brought her some balloons and a piggy pank that counts her money and a few things from toys r is and she was excited to try and eat with chop sticks which she didn't eat once again but she had fun playing with the chop sticks
  • AsAlwaysJacKiie
    January 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    She claims she's having no pain but I noticed at night she's a little whiney but during the day she's fine just really wants to relax all day she's has lots of gifts coming her way today I brought her some balloons and a piggy pank that counts her money and a few things from toys r is and she was excited to try and eat with chop sticks which she didn't eat once again but she had fun playing with the chop sticks
  • Steph1499
    January 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

My son had his adnoids out last year.  He did have the runny nose and thats normal.  i wouldnt worry about the eating as long as she is drinking, chewing ice, or like you said you have ice cream.  

Kids' Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN