Kids' Health

amber_jean101
How long
June 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Do you keep your child rear facing?

Replies

• amy31308
    June 30, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Til one with my son. This time I know better and my daughter will stay rear facing til two!

• Kari78
    by Kari78
    June 30, 2010 at 12:06 PM

For as long as possible!  I'm starting to wonder how I'll know when he gets to be 35 pounds, if that's before his 3rd birthday (the next time he goes to the doc)!  I wonder if it would be accurate if I first weighed myself on my home scale, and then weighed myself while holding him...I know just him by himself probably wouldn't be too accurate...

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    June 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I have teens.  Mine are from the era of at 3 they could be in just seatbelts which is what most did then. 

• amy31308
    July 1, 2010 at 9:48 AM

It's so funny how times change so much!

Quoting atlmom2:

I have teens.  Mine are from the era of at 3 they could be in just seatbelts which is what most did then. 

• Angiebooboo
    July 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Oh gosh Amber you can probably remember more then I can it's been 4 years since Gracie was born, but as I recall for her it was almost a year, But I am not sure because she was so active and walking before she was 10 months.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Oh, I know.  Mine are 16 and 19 and that was just about every state that allowed 3 year olds in seat belts.  They went on field trips in preschool and that was the only way to put all them in seat belts.  Its changed and changed more even.  My youngest is only 90 lbs so she could have been in a booster still in middle school which I never would have done, even now.  At least the law goes by age. 

Quoting amy31308:

It's so funny how times change so much!

Quoting atlmom2:

• SueB32
    by SueB32
    July 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM

My daughter was a little over one when she became front facing. She was too long to stay rear facing. 

Kids' Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN