Healthy Moms

sahm111
Hit my first big goal (piog)
by sahm111
February 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
So happy to share that I made it to my first big goal!! My youngest son is 6 months old today and the day I went to have him I was between 225 & 230. So part of my loss was baby and fluid, but I am at.....170!!!!!!

How?

I am not on a diet! I have changed my lifestyle...for good! I have not eliminated anything other than overly processed food. Thats gone! I still enjoy the same things, just in moderation. I still bake but instead of 5 cookies I have 1 or 2. This doesn't work for some people, but its the only way for me. I still make supper pretty much the same but I only have one serving of meat and only one helping if we have potatoes. I always have a vegetable with lunch and supper. My best friend has become GREEK YOGURT! I eat it every day. I read somewhere it helps with metabolism, but it also tastes amazing! My favorite is Oikos! It is usually one of my snacks. Healthy breakfast is also important. I like to have fiber and protein in the morning! Oatmeal, wheat toast, eggs, pb, etc. Oh and one thing that wasn't an issue for me, NO SODA! I do have water, tea(even sweet in moderation), & coffee. I try to walk at least 3 days/week, but i'm about to start more intense workouts!

What I stopped doing...

I stopped blaming it on genetics. Sure, I am not blood-related to any skinny women, but they are also all unhealthy. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, and many other things run thick in my family. So I decided I could sit back, be overweight, not care about myself, and be ill by 40 or I could stop it now!
I quit blaming my eating habits on my husband. The bottom line is...he's not putting the food in my mouth.
I quit using the excuse "its expensive" it's not...period.
I quit using the excuse " I don't have time." I make time.

I do not believe in diet pills or quick fixes. Just a healthy, active lifestyle!

Shortly after I got started I saw a quote that said "you can't take care of anyone else if you don't first take care of yourself." That hit home!

Down about 55 pounds and still going strong!

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    February 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Great job mama!!! You have a great attitude and it's contagious!
  • reneawesley
    February 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Great job!
  • sahm111
    by sahm111
    February 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    Thanks ladies!
  • Cafe AmyS
    February 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

clapping   Great job!  :)

• pattya925
    February 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Congrats!! Woohoo!!

• cmorris1200
    February 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Great job!!  I am so happy for you.   You are going to be a great role model for your children.

• Stacie03
    February 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Congrats!
  • bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    February 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Awesome job!

• preacherskid
    February 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Way to go!

• mypbandj
    Jen