Healthy Moms

Cafe AmyS
Have you ditched your underwire?
February 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I Ditched My Torturous Bra for Something Better 

Posted by Michele Zipp on February 8, 2013 

underwire braIn the past year, I have slowly weaned myself off wearing bras. The bras of the underwire variety mostly. They are torture. Torture I'm not willing to put myself through any longer. So I stopped wearing them, along with the padded push-ups. Went cold turkey. And that was sort of exactly the problem. Cold. Nipples. No bra. HELLO! So the no bra thing for me wasn't the best option when I wasn't wearing at least a couple of layers of clothing to hide the fact that my nipples start a conversation before I do.

So I searched for the perfect anti-bra kind of bra and found it.

Behold the bralette! This one is $24 from Urban Outfitters and it comes in a ton of colors. Plus, I don't mind if I'm wearing a low-cut top and the lace of this shows a little. I wish they made this in a bathing suit top, too, because it's perfect.

bralette

My sister has converted to the no-underwire, comfy bra group and loves this fishnet racerback from Free People ($28).

And can we also marvel over the back of this lace racerback, also from Free People? I'd actually want the back of the bra to show because it's so pretty.

I have average size breasts so these work for me ... not sure how much support they would give to those who really need a lot of support, but Kohl's has some nice selections for larger sizes that are similar.

And sure, you can also wear a sports bra, but most of those aren't that pretty. I like to be sporty sometimes, but these pretty underwire-free designs make me feel a little more spicy.

Have you ditched the underwire for something more comfortable?

Replies

• aneela
    by aneela
    February 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM

yep...dont like underwire at all

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    February 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I don't wear underwire. I hate it, always have. Mine are wireless.

• Charizma77
    February 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I need underwire. I'm a 38 G

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN