Healthy Moms

jdahlstedt
Diets
January 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM

My son is almost 6 months old and I've decided I'm really tired of this extra baby weight. There are so many fad diets out there it's hard to figure out what works in the long run and what doesn't. What diets have worked for you?

Replies

• jenerica.
    January 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    The problem I run into with dieting, for me personally, is I intend to do it short term in order to reach a goal then I gain the weight back once I go off the diet. The only thing I have found to work is to eat clean on a daily basis and only splurge every once in a while. Once I started eating foods with only the intent to nourish my body with the best foods possible, did I find long lasting results.
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    January 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    Check out 100daysofrealfood.com
  • jdahlstedt
    January 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I'm worried about that a little myself. And I am slooowly in the process of eating better. We live on a strict budget so I've started growing my own veggies & herbs in hopes that will help cut down on food costs. Really isn't fair how food that is good, or even great, for your body is most expensive than basically eating flavored, textured cardboard!

Quoting jenerica.:

The problem I run into with dieting, for me personally, is I intend to do it short term in order to reach a goal then I gain the weight back once I go off the diet. The only thing I have found to work is to eat clean on a daily basis and only splurge every once in a while. Once I started eating foods with only the intent to nourish my body with the best foods possible, did I find long lasting results.

• cmorris1200
    January 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    Don't think of it as a diet but as a lifestyle change. You want to make yourself healthier to be a better mother.
  • SabrinaLC
    January 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

healthy eating is what works best

• cleanaturalady
    January 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I think that is very sensible. 

Quoting jenerica.:

• KJC119
    by KJC119
    January 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Good morning!  It's definintely a combination of eating right (portion sizes and balancing what your intake is) and exercise. We are also on a tight budget but have found ways to make it work.  I literally made a sheet comparing prices from the various grocery stores we go to.  Now we know where to go for which items.  I have a ton of recipe ideas I can share with you.

• KBD12
    by KBD12
    January 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

i think avoiding the obvious fried, overprocessed and high-sugar stuff really helps. it also helps create good eating habits in your kids 

• CorpCityGrl
    January 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I never think of it as dieting.  I think of it as a lifestyle change.  I am opposed to the idea of "dieting" itself - I don't think it's practical.  I like to exercise portion control and healthy eating - both of which go a long way and are much more sustainable. 

• ann1416
    by ann1416
    January 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Have you heard of the Advocare 24-day Challenge?  It WORKS, it's not a diet it's a system to lifestyle change. Reply back so I can share more.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN