darbyakeep45
Friday Dinner
January 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

What are you having tonight?  Going out?  Take out?  Cooking at home?

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    January 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I'm cooking tonight..making a few casseroles for Jeff to have this weekend while I'm out of town.  I'm making a pork chop potato bake and a pizza/lasagna type of dish.

• Alyson121
    January 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Chicken and waffles, yeah baby! LOL.  Hopefully hubby will bring the chicken home in time.  If not it's just gonna be homemade waffles.

• darbyakeep45
    January 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I've never heard of those two together before...interesting.  How do you cook the chicken?

Quoting Alyson121:

Chicken and waffles, yeah baby! LOL.  Hopefully hubby will bring the chicken home in time.  If not it's just gonna be homemade waffles.

• Alyson121
    January 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Guurrrll . . ain't you Southern? LOL.  It's basically frying chicken and making waffles and just putting them on the same plate together.  There's lots of Southern/Soul food types of cafes/restaurants that do "chicken and waffles"  You can have things like grits, fried pok chops, eggs, chicken and waffles, etc for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I've never heard of those two together before...interesting.  How do you cook the chicken?

Quoting Alyson121:

• Alyson121
    January 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

How do you do a pork chop potato bake? Is it kinda like a shepards pie?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'm cooking tonight..making a few casseroles for Jeff to have this weekend while I'm out of town.  I'm making a pork chop potato bake and a pizza/lasagna type of dish.

• darbyakeep45
    January 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Yes, more or less:)  Potatoes mixed with sour cream, milk, onions, peppers, etc. and then cooked pork chops on top...bake in oven.

Quoting Alyson121:

How do you do a pork chop potato bake? Is it kinda like a shepards pie?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

• cookinmommyof1
    January 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    Either frozen pizzas or lasagna. I will let dh decide when he gets home from work
  • darbyakeep45
    January 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM

LOL!  You crack me up!  Yes, I'm from the south...but I've never tried that before!!!

Quoting Alyson121:

Guurrrll . . ain't you Southern? LOL.  It's basically frying chicken and making waffles and just putting them on the same plate together.  There's lots of Southern/Soul food types of cafes/restaurants that do "chicken and waffles"  You can have things like grits, fried pok chops, eggs, chicken and waffles, etc for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Alyson121: