Though salmon is a fatty fish, it contains heart-helping omega-3 fatty acids. Cajun seasoning spices up this dish, and broccoli rabe is low in calories and rich in vitamin C.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 ounces salmon plus 1/4 of the vegetable mixture)
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning or blackened spice mix
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of each salmon fillet evenly with seasoning; cover and cook for 3â€“4 minutes per side or until opaque throughout and blackened.
2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, bring the broccoli rabe and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3â€“4 minutes or until tender; drain and transfer to a plate.
3. Wipe out the second skillet, and heat oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and salt, and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened. Mix in the raisins and broccoli rabe. Serve with the salmon and lemon wedges.
by SabrinaLCJanuary 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
That looks good.
I don't like broccoli rabe though