Click the pic

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    January 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Thanks for sharing.

• mypbandj
    Jen
    January 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    I have a friend who is pharmacist and she told me that it takes 3 months for the vaccine to become completely effective. So getting one now, is probably pointless. Also, she said its only about 62% effective at best anyway (I heard a guy from the CDC say the same thing).

Also, she told me that the "flu" we are trying to prevent, is the respiratory kind. NOT the stomach flu. Stomach flu sucks, but its the other one that kills people. (I learned that last year from my dr but thought it was worth putting out there).
  • reneawesley
    January 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Thanks
  • e-doolittle
    January 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    This is my understanding too.

Quoting mypbandj:

I have a friend who is pharmacist and she told me that it takes 3 months for the vaccine to become completely effective. So getting one now, is probably pointless. Also, she said its only about 62% effective at best anyway (I heard a guy from the CDC say the same thing).

Also, she told me that the "flu" we are trying to prevent, is the respiratory kind. NOT the stomach flu. Stomach flu sucks, but its the other one that kills people. (I learned that last year from my dr but thought it was worth putting out there).
  • cleanaturalady
    January 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yes, I've heard the same thing.  Doctors advise to get the shot in October if you're going to get it.  I've also heard that stomach flu is really a misnomer, because flu, like you mentioned, is a respiratory illness.  What we think of as stomach flu is actually another form of virus and not a flu strain at all. 

Quoting mypbandj:

• la_bella_vita
    January 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Thanks for sharing

• gregsgrl04
    January 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    I have this flu right now, and its not joke!!!
  • pattya925
    January 22, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I was vaccinated in October in the hospital's flu blitz.  We are getting slammed with rule out flu patients.  Lol, frankly, I am tired of wearing those goofy yellow masks in half of my patient rooms!  A necessary thing though, esp. w. my asthma.  Flu is the LAST thing I need.

• sununner36
    January 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

BUMP!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN